1.16

Dear Yeona,

Dear Yeona,

It pains me to say this, but this will be my last letter to you. My father has forbid me to keep in contact with you but I was lucky enough to send you this letter.

Yeona, my love, I love you so much. Oh how I would pluck the stars out of the sky and lasso the moon for you. I'd collect every flower in the kingdom to show you how much I am in love with you. I would cross the raging oceans and battle the most fearsome creatures just to be with you.
If doing anything meant having you by my side, I would do it in a heartbeat.

The way your hair flows down your shoulders and the sparkles in your eyes make my heart flutter. The small scar on your cheek that I had always silently admired since we were kids I adore, even if you don't. There are so many things that I can list that convey my love for you. But if I were to do that, I may run out of ink.

I wish things were different. I wish you were the one that I am to see under the alter. I can only imagine how beautiful you'd look on a special day like that.
My love, please stay strong for me. I know it must pain you to see me marry another as it does for me but, stay strong.

In all the years that we've known each other, I know I haven't been the best at keeping the promises I make. But, let me make one, last final promise to you:
I promise that in the end times, if the heavens allow it, that we will meet again and finally be together.

I love you.

                                       Lee Donghyuck

Yeona closed the envelope in her hands and placed it on the nightstand beside her bed. She took a deep breathe and slowly closed her eyes, allowing tears to fall down her cheeks as she silently cried alone.

 She took a deep breathe and slowly closed her eyes, allowing tears to fall down her cheeks as she silently cried alone