Epilogue

"I can't believe Renjun convinced us all to attend the same university

"I can't believe Renjun convinced us all to attend the same university."

"Hey!" Renjun shot a look at Jeno. "I know you all are glad I convinced you guys."

"Yeah, long distance would've been hard. I would've missed you guys," Mark said.

Yeona and Donghyuck put a tray full of bobba tea down onto the table, handing each of their friends a drink.

Minutes passed, the group of friends basking in the summer sun as they laughed as loud as they could; earning glares from the workers at the cafe.

Chenle ended up choking on a tapioca pearl, causing the group to burst into laughter again.

They were asked to leave the cafe.

Mark stretched his arms as they all walked down the sidewalk. "So, the sun's setting. What do you guys wanna do?"

"I was actually going to take Yeona out for a bit," Donghyuck said, swinging their intertwined hands back and forth.

"God," Jeno groaned. "Y'all make me sick."

"Don't worry," Jaemin put a hand on Jeno's shoulder. "Your time will come and then you will see how love affects you. Then we'll be the ones saying that you make us sick."

"As if!"

"Okay, well, Yeona and I are heading out now," Donghyuck intervened.

The rest of the group waved their hands goodbye at the couple as they parted ways.

"Don't forget to use protection!" Chenle screamed.

Jaemin smacked him in the back of his head. "Who taught you that? Look at Jisung now. He's scarred."

The five of them looked at the poor boy who was frozen in place, wide-eyed by what he had just heard.

⭒☆━━☆⭒

"Hyuck, where are you taking me?"

"Just hold on, we're almost there- oop, watch your step."

"How do I watch my step when I'm literally blindfolded," Yeona deadpanned.

Donghyuck chuckled and continued to guide her, both of his hands holding hers. "Alright, now stand right there. Yep, just like that."

Yeona raised her hands towards her head. "Can I take this of now-"

"No not yet!!"

The boy sighed in relief when Yeona froze. Donghyuck grabbed her hand, placing an item in her hold.

"What is this? A card?"

"You can take off your blindfold now."

Yeona took off the piece of fabric, her eyes squinting at the sudden light. Her mouth opened in awe as she saw the sun setting and immediately recognized the location of the place.

It was Queen Yeona's palace, one of the balconies to be precise. The same balcony where they had déjà vu together back on the school field trip.

Yeona looked down at her hands and at the object that Donghyuck at given her: a letter.

"Open it," he softly said.

She carefully opened the envelope and took out the folded piece of paper in it.

Dear Yeona,

        It's been a crazy year, hasn't it? I remember you walking onto the school campus for the first time and we locked eyes. My heart stopped right then and there because you were so beautiful.

       I remember feeling like I knew you, even though I had never met you in my entire life. Turns out we were lovers in our past lives, how crazy is that?

       I just want to say that there truly isn't anyone who I would rather be with and I can't wait for the future with you. I'll do my best to fulfill the same promise I made to you decades ago. I love you, Kim Yeona, with all my heart.

                                      From,                    
                                      Lee Donghyuck   

Yeona looked up from the letter and to Donghyuck, tears swelling up in her eyes.

"How was it?" He laughed nervously and scratched the back of his head. "I tried writing a love letter... You know, like how Prince Haechan did. I don't know if I did as well as him tho-"

Yeona jumped onto Donghyuck, arms around his neck as he instinctively wrapped his arms around her waist. She looked into his eyes, a smile spread across her face as her eyes sparkled.

"I love it. Thank you," she whispered.

A grin grew on his face as he lovingly looked at her.

"I love you, Yeona."

"I love you, too."