2.11

Long gowns brushed against the floor, boys in tuxedos with their hair styled to their best

Long gowns brushed against the floor, boys in tuxedos with their hair styled to their best. It was like a real ball back in the history books- minus the DJ and the occasional pop or rap songs.

Renjun sipped on his glass of punch. "Well this is fun, isn't it?"

"I can't tell if you're being serious or sarcastic," Jeno commented.

"Both."

The seven friends sitting at their assigned table chatted with one another, watching their other classmates make a fool of themselves on one of the most special nights of their highschool career.

"Alright alright! Who's having a good time?" The DJ shouted, making the students shout a series of 'whoop whoop!'s and 'yeah!!'s.
"That's what a like to hear! Now, let's take it down a notch and go back in time for a little waltz..."

The DJ changed the song, a slow, orchestra piece starting to play as the orchestral rhythms filled the room. Students hurriedly found their partners to dance with and headed to the dance floor.

Yeona gasped and turned to Jisung. "Jisung!"

The said boy jumped in surprise, slightly choking on the juice that he was drinking. "Uh, yes?"

"We have to dance!"

Jisung was surprised, and furrowed his brows. "Why?"

Yeona sighed. "Because, I told Juyeon that I'm dancing with you, remember? Who knows what will happen if he doesn't see me on the dance floor with you. Now come on!"

She grabbed his hand, attempting to pull him out of his seat but failed. Jisung pursed his lips, unsure if he wanted to go and dance with his friend.

Yeona sighed and rolled her eyes. "Unless you'd rather dance with that lovely admirer of yours at that table over there," she pointed to a girl at another table who was looking at them, and then quickly turned away. "Then be my guest."

Jisung widened his eyes, grabbing Yeona's hand and leading her to the dance floor. She chuckled and turned back to the rest of the group. "We'll be back!"

The two joined the rest of the students as the music began to play.
Jisung put a shy hand around Yeona's waist as she put a hand on his shoulder, both of their opposite hands holding the other.

As the two began to slowly dance, Yeona caught sight of another couple dancing in the distance: Haechan and Minhee.

Haechan looked up and locked eyes with Yeona. Her breathe hitched, and the two held eye contact briefly before he smirked and turned his attention back to the girl in front of him.

"Are you okay?" Jisung asked.
Yeona shifted her eyes onto Jisung's worried ones and softly smiled. "Yes, I'm okay," she lied.

 "Yes, I'm okay," she lied