2.03

"Everyone, meet my childhood friend, Yeona!"

Yeona shyly bowed as five pairs of eyes landed on her.

"Wah, she's even prettier in real life!"
Jaemin smacked the back of Chenle's head causing him to whine. "Is that what you say to someone you just met?"

The girl chuckled in amusement, watching the two boys bicker.
"Mark, is she really your childhood friend?"

"What do you mean, Renjun?"

"There's no way that she is friends with you. She's way out of your league."

This comment made Yeona burst out laughing and she hit Mark's shoulder. The older boy rolled his eyes before looking at the rest of them. "You guys are literally friends with me!"

"Yeah but it's different."

Mark groaned and brought the girl to the side of the table, making her sit next to him.
"Anyways," he began. "Yeona, these are my friends. Right there is Huang Renjun, and the one next to him, Lee Jeno. The one who called you pretty is Chenle and the one who smacked him is Jaemin. And finally," he looked at the last boy.

Yeona looked at him and he shyly waved his hand.
"Park Jisung, the youngest out of us," Mark smiled.

Yeona nodded her head. "It's nice to meet you all."

"You too!" They all replied.

"Wait," Mark spoke, raising a hand up. "We're missing someone. Where's-"

"It's Donghyuck and Minhee!!" A random girl screamed.

The seven of them turned their heads to the cafeteria entrance, their eyes landing on two students walking hand in hand.

Yeona watched as students gossiped with one another, taking pictures or videos of the pair walking into the room. She scoffed, "what are they, celebrities?"

"I guess you can say they're the power couple of the school," Jeno said.

She watched as the couple walked closer and closer to the table.
"And the last member of the gang, Lee Donghyuck," Mark announced. "Late and making a grand entrance as usual."

The said boy rolled his eyes before sitting down with his girlfriend. He looked at the person sitting in front of him. "What's she doing here?"
Mark hooked an arm around Yeona's neck. "Meet Yeona! She's my childhood friend."

"I know. But why is she here?"

"...because she can?"

Donghyuck snorted as he eyed her. "I didn't know we were letting anyone sit with us now."
Yeona furrowed her brows.

"Yah, Lee Donghyuck," Mark warned. "We talked about being nice to her when she came."

"So?"

"So? Be nice to her!"

Donghyuck poked the inside of his mouth with his tongue and annoyingly looked at Yeona.

The girl narrowed her eyes at him. "Look, I don't know what your problem with me is, Lee Donghyuck," she stood up. "But you better get used to seeing me around."

With that she left the table and headed to her next class, leaving the others dumbfounded.