1.05

The three of them followed Jisung's gaze and caught sight of the couple entering through the main doors

Yeona's half-cousin, Haru, was in a pastel pink gown that did not match Haechan's attire at all- which consisted of a black coat with gold accents. Haru clung onto Haechan's arm as the two walked in.
"As expected, he brought his fiancé," Chenle said.

Yeona and Minhyung snapped their heads. "Fiancé?!" They exclaimed in unison.
Chenle looked at the both of them boringly. "Do I need to repeat myself?"

"I thought you knew?" Jisung said to Yeona.
She shook her head. "My parents only told me he was seeing another princess. Not," she paused to look at the couple. "Marrying."

"You still hate him after all these years?" Chenle asked, making Jisung elbow him in the side.
Yeona clutched the fabric of her gown, balling her fists. "Yes, yes I do."

For the next hour, the four of them stuck near each other and said small hellos to the royals and nobles who went up to them.
Eventually, Yeona noticed how some men took the women's hands, leading them towards the center of the ballroom. She saw how the orchestra begun to prepare themselves for the next song as they tuned their instruments.

"Looks like they're beginning a waltz," Minhyung said beside her.
She nodded but then suddenly tensed up when she saw another prince walking towards her. Yeona immediately turned to Jisung, grabbing his wrist.

"Jisung, dance with me!" She frantically said. "The prince of Dystan is heading over here and I've had enough of him trying to court me. He sends me a letter almost everyday!"
The boy was surprised at her sudden outburst, slightly confused as to what was going on. "What-"

"Princess Yeona."

The girl turned around and saw the prince standing in front of them. "I've finally gotten to see you once again," he smiled sweetly. "Would you care to have this dance with me?" He extended a hand out.

She pursed her lips, taking a quick side glance to Jisung. "I'm sorry Prince Yuta, but Jisung here had already promised to give me my first dance."

Yuta retracted his hand, his face showing slight disappointment. "Oh, I see. Well I hope the two of you have a grand time. If you need me you know where to find me," he said, winking before walking away.

Yeona sighed in relief then turned to Jisung. "Let's dance?" Yeona saw the prince hesitate and she rolled her eyes. "Look, if you'd rather dance with your lovely admirer, Princess Eunbi," she used her thumb to point at another princess in a hot pink gown. "Then be my guest."

Jisung immediately widened his eyes and grabbed Yeona's hand, leading her towards the center of the ballroom. She chuckled and turned back to the knights. "We'll see you two in a bit!" She called.

The two royals joined the rest of the prince, princesses, and nobles as the orchestra began to play.
Jisung put a hand around Yeona's waist as she put a hand on his shoulder, both of their opposite hands holding the other.

As the two began to slowly dance, Yeona caught sight of another couple dancing in the distance: Haechan and Haru.

Haechan looked up and locked eyes with Yeona. The two held eye contact briefly before he smirked and turned his attention back at the princess in front of him.

"Are you okay?" Jisung asked.
Yeona shifted her eyes onto Jisung's worried ones and softly smiled. "Yes, I'm okay," she lied.

 "Yes, I'm okay," she lied