2.01

"Breathe in, breathe out

"Breathe in, breathe out."

The girl stood in front of the school gates, other students passing by her as they walked into the school.

"First day of a new school. You got this Yeona, you're fine," she muttered to herself as she took her first steps onto the school grounds.
"Just don't make eye contact with anyone, find your class-"

"Yah! Kim Yeona!"

She stopped dead in her tracks and her eyes widened. "Oh lord please don't tell me I'm already getting into trouble on my first day," she silently prayed, turning around to face the person who called her.

"Yeona!!!"

She grunted as a boy enveloped her into a hug, squeezing her tight.
"Mark," she said struggling. "I can't- breathe."

"Oh right," he giggled and backed away from her. "I can't believe you didn't text me that you arrived at school!"

Yeona smacked his arm. "That's because I didn't want to draw any attention to myself! Knowing with you around that's what you'll do."

She looked as students passed by the two, stealing glances and whispering to one another. "Look, it hasn't even been five minutes since I stepped into this place and people are already talking about us."

Mark pouted and rubbed the spot on his arm that Yeona had hit earlier. "Well get used to it, because people are going to be doing that a lot from now on."

She furrowed her brows. "What's that supposed to mean?"

"You'll see," he grabbed her wrist and dragged her along with him. "Now come on! Let's find your first class!!"

"Mark- slow down!"

As the older boy dragged Yeona, her eyes ventured to a group of people huddled together. She looked at the person in the center of it, a male student. For some reason that she didn't know why, in that moment he caught her eye.

The brown haired boy looked up, locking eyes with her as she passed by the group. The both of them furrowed their brows, an unexpected sense of familiarity rushing through them; even though they were both sure they had never seen the other.

Yeona was the first one to tear her gaze away as she entered the school building, leaving the boy feeling puzzled.