2.08

Footsteps could be heard through the empty palace halls as Donghyuck hurriedly dragged Yeona along by the wrist

"Donghyuck," she whispered. "Donghyuck! Where are you taking me? Aren't you supposed to be in your group?"

He turned his head around to look back at her. "It's a secret," he smiled cheekily, causing her heart to flutter.

In that moment when she blinked she swore she saw the boy in front of her dressed like a prince. But when she took a second look, he was just in his school uniform.
The beating of her heart towards him felt so familiar, so recognizable. But how could this be?

Donghyuck led them around a corner and through a small, hidden door between two tapestries. Yeona's eyes widened, surprised that he had found such a hidden secret.

"Let's go," he hushed, and she followed.

The two walked out onto a small balcony, overlooking the palace's front yard. Yeona awed at the beauty of it while Donghyuck sweetly looked at her reaction.

She turned to him, "how did you find this place?"

Donghyuck blinked, slightly taken aback. "I... I don't know. I just-" He paused. "I just felt like I knew where to go."

He walked towards the edge of the balcony, resting his arms on the railing. "I know this is going to sound crazy but," he looked at the landscape below. "Ever since we got here... I've been feeling like- like I've been here before. As if... I grew up here or something- but I know I haven't."

Yeona walked and stood beside him, listening intently to his words.

"It just feels so familiar, like..."

"Déjà vu," they said in unison.

Donghyuck shot his head up, looking at the girl beside him.
She softly smiled. "I've been feeling it too. But I don't know why," she frowned. "Perhaps it's because the Queen and I share the same name?" She chuckled amusingly.

Donghyuck laughed along with her and then looked down at the castle's entrance. His eyes widened.

"Crap, we need to leave!"

Yeona furrowed her brows, "what, why?"

Donghyuck grabbed her hand, a small blush appearing on Yeona's cheeks. "The class is about to leave us!"

Yeona widened her eyes, immediately running off with Donghyuck to catch up with the group before they headed back to school.