2.04

As the week passed by, Yeona grew closer to everyone in Mark's friend group

As the week passed by, Yeona grew closer to everyone in Mark's friend group. Everyone except Donghyuck.

While she grew closer to the rest of the boys, Donghyuck and Yeona grew apart- they're hatred for each other slowly increasing.
They both didn't know why, but for some reason they found each other irritating.

"Yah, Lee Donghyuck, give me back my backpack!"

He laughed at her before running and sharply turning around a corner. Yeona tried chasing him but eventually stopped to catch her breathe. Someone poked her twice on the shoulder and she turned around.

"Excuse me, but can you stop chasing my boyfriend around?"

Yeona furrowed her brows at the other girl before scoffing. "Well then tell your boyfriend to stop messing with me in the first place."
She rolled her eyes before turning around, only to run into someone's chest. "Oomph- oh, Mark," she looked behind him. "I see you've caught the thief."

"Yep," he smiled and handed her backpack.

"Thanks," she smiled back then glaring at Donghyuck before walking away.

Yeona made her way to her next classes. She had cooking class with Jeno and Jaemin, where the whole school had to evacuate because Jeno burnt his muffins; and then chemistry with Renjun, where they both nearly blew their heads off mixing two chemicals together.

It was now lunch time and today Yeona decided to have her lunch in the library. She was having a quiz next period and she wanted to prepare.

She entered the library and sat down at a table in the far corner. Students walked to and fro, grabbing books and murmering information to one another.
Yeona inserted a pair of headphones into her ear before getting ready to study. After a few minutes, the left headphone was plucked out of her ear and she turned to look at the culprit.

She furrowed her brows. "What are you doing here?"

"You listen to classical music?"

"You didn't answer my question."

"Neither did you."

Yeona bit her lip in frustration and Donghyuck smirked back at her.
She turned back to look at her notes. "Yes, I listen to classical music. It helps me concentrate. So, what are you doing here?"

Donghyuck leaned back in his chair, looking forward. "I was bored."
Yeona scribbled down a few words. "What about the boys?"

"..."

"Your girlfriend?"

He scoffed. "Please don't mention her."

"Why?"

"She's..." he trailed off. "Annoying."

Yeona creased her brows as she wrote down more notes and turned the page of her book. "But she's your girlfriend."
He sighed. "Can we not talk about her right now?"

The two stayed quiet as Yeona continued studying. Donghyuck silently watched her, flickering his eyes to her face once in a while.

"What song is this?" He asked.

"Tchaikovsky's Serenade for Strings Op. 48."

"It's pretty." He studied her side profile.

"It is. It's one of my favorite pieces," she smiled.
The bell rang, signaling that it was the end of lunch. Yeona gathered her things before turning to Donghyuck.

"This is the first time we actually got along," she chuckled. "I'll see you around then?"

"Yeah, I'll see you around."

She bid a small farewell to him and walked away, heading to her next class. Little did she know, Donghyuck continued to watch her leave with a soft smile on his face.

 Little did she know, Donghyuck continued to watch her leave with a soft smile on his face