2.09

Mark slid into his chair beside Yeona, "prom is coming up, who are you going to go with?"

"Perhaps Donghyuck?" Chenle teased.

Yeona choked on her rice and Jeno patted her back, handing her a water bottle which she gratefully chugged.

She glared at Chenle, "why would you say that?"

He giggled, "Renjun sent this to the group chat."
Chenle held up his phone for her to see and saw a picture of her and Donghyuck running hand in hand during the field trip last week.

She gasped, "Renjun! Why would you day that!"

"For the receipts!" He crossed his arms, "plus, I've never seen Donghyuck that happy with another girl since... never. He's always with Minhee and has a frown on his face."

Yeona pursed her lips. "But that doesn't mean that he..." Her cheeks flushed. "That he likes me or something," she mumbled.

Renjun rolled his eyes, "please, you should see how many texts he sends about you in our-"

"Texts about who?" Donghyuck and Minhee sat down at the table.

Renjun parted his mouth, "uh..."

"We're just talking about if Yeona is going to prom with anyone," Mark cut in.

"Oh, Yeona- I overheard Juyeon being interested in you," Jaemin said, taking a bite of his food. "Maybe he'll ask you to prom."

"Juyeon?"

"You know," Jisung started. "Lee Juyeon, captain of the football team. He's pretty popular."

"Ohhh him," Yeona recalled. "He's handsome I'll admit."

Donghyuck narrowed his eyes in slight annoyance, which Renjun saw. He smiled and leaned back in his chair mischievously.

"So you wouldn't mind saying yes if Juyeon asked you out to prom?" Renjun asked.

Yeona blinked. "What? I mean, I guess not."

Donghyuck rolled his eyes, his tongue poking the inside of his cheek and getting more annoyed by the second.

"But I'd rather go as a group with you guys," she chuckled.

"Well it's settled then!" Mark clapped. "We're going as a group!"

"Oh please count us out." The whole group turned to look at Minhee who spoke.
She smiled innocently, "Hyuckie and I will be going to prom together as a couple." She wrapped her arms around one of Donghyuck's arm, pulling him close to her.

Yeona watched her movements and clenched her jaw, holding in the sudden urge to punch the other girl in the face.

Mark scratched his head, "well, um, yeah that works too, I guess."

"When is prom again?" Jeno asked.

"Next month."