2.19

"I'm in love with you

"I'm in love with you."

Yeona's heart raced, heat rushing throughout her body as she processed the words he had said.

"I don't want to follow what my father says. I want to be with you, forever."

"Donghyuck, I-" Yeona choked on her words. "I love you too."

Donghyuck's eyes flickered down to her lips, pulling her slowly towards him and into his arms. Yeona followed his movements, a soft blush forming as butterflies swarmed her stomach. He tucked a strand of hair behind her ear as they both leaned in, sealing the kiss.

Fireworks shot throughout their body when their lips touched, their emotions being poured into this one, loving kiss. Yeona hooked her arms around Donghyuck's neck as he pulled her closer to him by the waist, closing what little space they had between them.

Images flooded the both of their heads, ones that seemed so familiar and yet so foreign.

"You promised," she whispered. "You promised we'd be together, no matter what."
Haechan pulled away to look at her again as a tear fell down her cheek. "I know, I'm sorry."

More tears started to cascade down causing Haechan to immediately cup her cheeks. "I love you, Yeona."

"I love you too."

He pulled her into a kiss and she immediately wrapped her arms around his neck. Their lips molded together, full of love and heartache as tears ran down both of their faces, the taste of salt reaching their tongues. They both knew that this would be their final kiss, their last goodbye.

They broke the kiss and the prince rested his forehead on hers. He looked into her glassy eyes and smiled bittersweetly. "Maybe in another life we'll meet again and I'll finally fulfill my promise."

Donghyuck and Yeona broke the kiss, their foreheads touching as they both regained their breath.
Yeona looked up into his eyes, as if she was searching for something deep within them.

"What's wrong?"

"Queen Yeona..."

Donghyuck furrowed his brows. "What about her?"

"Her and Prince Haechan... They were us in a past life. Did you ever think it was odd that we felt like we knew each other? Despite us meeting just this year?"

Donghyuck pondered the thought, carefully connecting the small pieces together.

"And... I keep getting these weird visions... Of us, together. In clothing made for kings and queens and-" she stopped talking abruptly.

"Love?"

Yeona's eyes begun to fill with tears. "I killed myself. I couldn't bare life without you. A-and you made a promise; you told me that we would meet each other in another life. I guess this is it."

Donghyuck looked at the girl in his arms with such care and adoration. Flashbacks of the two's previous lives replaying in his head like a film. He held her firmly, scared that he would lose her again.

"I guess I fulfilled my promise then, right?" He chuckled.

Yeona rolled her eyes playfully and smiled. "I guess so, Prince."
Her smile immediately faded. "But your father... And Minhee. Hyuck, as much as I would love to run away with you I... cant't. I can't just give up everything I have right now."

"I know," he said, softly petting her hair. "I'll figure something out."
Donghyuck pulled her once more into a hug. "You trust me, right?"

"Of course I do."

"Promise that you will wait for me?"

"I promise."