1.01

6 years later

6 years later.

Knock, knock, knock.

"Come in."

The doors opened and the sound of footsteps trailed in. "The carriage is ready for you, Princess."

She narrowed her eyes at the boy through the mirror. "Didn't I tell you to just call me Yeona? We've known each other since we were children, Minhyung."

Minhyung cleared his throat. "Ah yes, I'm sorry Prin- Yeona. However, your father would kill me if he heard me use your real name."
The princess scoffed, "like he could. He wouldn't kill my best friend and right hand knight. I won't let him."

She looked to the maids beside her. "Is it finished?"
The maids finished their last touches, placing a final flower in her braided hair. "Yes, Princess."

"Thank you," she smiled, getting up. "Have a nice day."
Yeona walked over to Minhyung, her light green heels clicking against the marble flooring. Her shoes matched the color of her dress that were decorated and stitched with flowers and butterflies. The dress reached just above her ankles, ensuring that she wouldn't trip while she walked- something that she hated most.

"You look beautiful, Yeona," Minhyung said.
"Oh you flatter me too much," she replied. "To the carriage?"

⭒☆━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━☆⭒

The two rode in the carriage, the clicking of the horses' hooves heard along the stone ground as they rode into town. The carriage stopped and Minhyung stepped out first, helping the princess step down from the carriage steps.

"Princess!"

Yeona turned around to see a little girl run towards her. Minhyung put his hand on his sword and Yeona shot him a look. "Minhyung, she's a child."
He pursed his lips, slowly letting go of his sword.

The little girl ran up to the princess as Yeona kneeled down to her. "Princess, I heard that you were coming today, so I picked this flower for you."
She gasped. "For me? You're so sweet. Will you be willing to put it in my hair for me?"

"Of course!" The girl said. Her small hands put the small flower on the princess' head beside her ear.
"Thank you," Yeona said, smiling. "Make sure to be a good girl for your mother," she winked.

"I will!" She answered, waving the princess goodbye.

Yeona got up and turned to the knight. "Let's go." Minhyung opened the door for her, the bell chiming as they entered.

"Yah Jeno, stop crying about your burnt muffins- they're here!"

Yeona giggled at the two. "Hello Jaemin, Jeno- I see you still can't get your muffins right."
The two bowed. "Princess."

Jeno awkwardly rubbed the back of his head. "I was close to getting them perfect this time..."
She smiled. "Well I hope you can get them perfect in time for my birthday."

Jeno and Jaemin looked at each other with confused faces before looking back at the princess. "Um, what do you mean by that, Princess?" Jaemin asked.

"I mean, my parents are planning a ginormous ball for my 18th birthday and I'd love it if you two could bake me a cake and a few of your finest pastries." The two bakers looked at each other in shock. "Of course I'll get my chefs to help you since there will be a lot to prepare," said Yeona.

"Princess, thank you for giving us such an honor- an opportunity to do something like this," Jaemin breathed.
Yeona looked at the two with warm eyes. "Why wouldn't I want my two favorite bakers to bake for my birthday?" She smiled.

A few minutes later, Yeona and Minhyung walked out the bakery with a bag of pasteries.
"Minhyung, I don't know how many times I have to tell you that it's okay. I saw you eyeing that watermelon tart so stop trying to make it up to me just because I bought it for you."
"But-"

"Well, well, well, isn't it the Princess of Sedia and her right hand knight, Minhyung. Fancy seeing you two here," a feminine voice said.

"I should be the one saying that to the two of you, seeing that you're the ones in my kingdom's village," Yeona said, eyeing the two that stood before her.