1.19

"Minhyung

"Minhyung."

"Yes?"

The knight walked over and stood beside the queen as she looked at the view from the balcony.
"I just want you to know that no matter what happens, I trust you with everything."

He rose a brow. "What do you mean?"

The queen let out a small laugh. "I mean, you're Captain of the Royal Guards and my best friend so- I trust you with everything that's in my hands." She paused for a moment. "Even the kingdom."

Minhyung looked at her in concern. "Is there something you're not telling me?"
Yeona looked back at him and smiled. "I'm just pointing things out."

The knight searched in her eyes for any signs of lying but he couldn't find any. He sighed, "well, I trust you with everything as well. I care about you a lot, you know that right?"

"I do, and I feel the same way." Yeona leaned into Minhyung for a hug and he did the same, his arms wrapping around the Queen's smaller frame.
She looked up at him and Minhyung tucked a strand of hair behind her ear, quickly glancing at her lips. "It's getting late," he said.

"I know."

Minhyung broke the hug and headed towards the doorway. "Good night, Yeona. Sweet dreams."

She smiled at him and waved a small goodbye. "Good night, Minhyung. Sweet dreams to you as well."

As soon as Minhyung closed the door and the sound of fading footsteps could be heard, Yeona dropped her smiled and sighed.

She turned her head to look at the nightstand beside her bed, her eyes setting upon the small cup of tea the maids had given her earlier.