\𝓃𝒾𝓃ℯ𝓉ℯℯ𝓃\

~

~

"How do you think Harry's name was entered? And I mean your unbiased opinion, Professor." Eleanora was perched on top of the desk facing Snape's running the chain of her necklace through her fingers absentmindedly. It was the one Bill had gotten her for Christmas years ago, back when she was with her first boyfriend, Oliver Wood.

"I believe you know exactly how I think his name ended up in the Goblet," Snape said shortly.

"But Professor- how could he have put his name in the Goblet?"

"That boy has his ways, you know how often he gets himself into trouble." Snape's tone sounded like he was ending the conversation. Eleanora sighed and hopped off of the desk, smoothing her skirt and slinging her bag over one shoulder.

"I think you're wrong, Professor."

"Yes, well. Just be glad you weren't chosen. I don't believe for a second that the worst is behind us yet."

Eleanora gave him a lighthearted smile, head tilted slightly. "You're always so cynical. You're, like, the fourth person to be glad I wasn't chosen. I wish people would stop saying it." She turned and started towards the door. "I promised the twins I'd meet up with them before dinner," she called over her shoulder. "See you later!"

"Keep yourself out of trouble, will you?" Snape muttered after her, but she was already too far away to hear him.

That night, Eleanora sat awake in the common room with the twins long after everyone else had gone to bed. The twins were pouring over some new ideas for their joke shop, and Eleanora had a Transfiguration textbook open on her lap and her wand in her hand. She knew she needed to practice the new N.E.W.T level spells they'd been working on in class, but she was feeling burned out. She'd been working on homework since they'd come up to the common room after dinner, and she needed a break. She cleared her throat loudly and both boys looked up.

"What's up?" George asked, grabbing one of their crumpled up rejected order forms and tossing it at her. She caught it and threw it into the nearby fireplace.

"I'm bored. I feel like we haven't done anything in so long."

"Done anything like what?" said Fred.

"Dunno." Eleanora stared back down at her textbook. What she really wanted to do was write to Bill. It was how she always spent her study breaks, but ever since Bill had gone silent, she'd stopped writing to him too. She didn't know why he all of a sudden wouldn't talk to her, but it was getting annoying. Even the twins had noticed at that point. They loved teasing Eleanora for how much she wrote to their older brother, but this was the longest stretch the two had gone without sending anything, and they could see that it was bothering Eleanora. Even if she wouldn't admit it.

"Let's go for a walk," George said, standing up decisively. "We haven't done that yet this year and I think we all deserve a break." Eleanora stood up gratefully and followed the twins through the portrait hole and out into the hallway.