\𝓉𝓌ℯ𝓃𝓉𝓎 ℴ𝓃ℯ\

~

~

May, 2000

Bill watched in mild entertainment as Eleanora made her way down the stairs and waddled into the kitchen. "Are you sure you're alright to go?" he asked, getting up to help his nine-months-pregnant wife into a chair.

"Of course I am." Eleanora pushed him away moodily, but immediately felt bad and pulled him back for a kiss. "We're not missing your brother's wedding because I'm-"

"Having a baby!" Bill said excitedly, bounding to the cabinet to pull out to specific type of cereal Eleanora had been craving for the last few days. "Having our baby," he repeated, dancing around as he poured the cereal and slid it across the counter at Eleanora, who couldn't help but laugh. "I'm so excited."

"Easy for you to say when you're not twice your usual size." She scowled down at her stomach. "I'm just excited for this thing to be out so I can fit into my old dresses again."

Bill's face softened and he came around the counter to kiss Eleanora's on the cheek. "You look absolutely lovely, El. And I think your dress for the wedding is beautiful." He stepped back and sipped his coffee, then a smile grew on his face. "And don't call my baby an it."

Eleanora laughed at reached a foot out to kick Bill in the leg. "It's not in your stomach. And anyways, I don't think little Molly would mind," she said, rubbing her stomach.

"Molly?" Bill wrinkled his nose. "You want to name our baby after my mum? I thought we agreed on Eveline for a girl and-"

"I changed it," Eleanora murmured. "Your mum did more for me than mine ever did. And besides, I think I like the name Molly more."

"Have we ruled out ... I dunno, not naming it?" Bill jumped onto the counter and shrugged at Eleanora. "What if we named it Eleanora-?"

"Nope," Eleanora cut him off. "Absolutely not. I don't want our child named after either of us, I think that's tacky."

Bill didn't argue. Arguing with Eleanora had become more impossible than usual in the last few months, so he merely shrugged and took another sip of his coffee. "What about Ginny?" he asked, "Or Daisy. Both good names."

"I could work with that..." Eleanora said, slipping into thought. "We'll add them to the list. What about boys names- and don't say Cillian."

"That's exactly what I was about to say," Bill chuckled. "It's a good name."

"Too pureblood. What about Fred?"

Bill winced at the mention of the name. Even years later, coping with the loss of his little brother was difficult. Neither of them had stopped having nightmares, although they were fewer and further between now. "Let's save that for a middle name," he said, and Eleanora nodded. "We'll think about it. We've got time."