\𝒻ℴ𝓊𝓇𝓉ℯℯ𝓃\

~

~

Eleanora squeezed her eyes shut as everyone fired her with questions. Moody and Kingsley seemed more concerned with finding out what information she'd received than anything else, and hurled a continuous stream of interrogations at her that were left unanswered. Eleanora blocked everything out except for the soft fabric of Bill's t-shirt under her head and his hand running comfortingly up and down her arm.

"Eleanora, we need answers-" Moody started, but Sirius interrupted.

"She just got back, Mad-Eye, and look at her. Save the questioning for when she's not looking half dead." He cast a worried look towards Eleanora, but she picked her head up from Bill's shoulder.

"Bill can look through the notebook and translate some things for you now, if he wants," she said, pulling the notebook back towards her and Bill. He took it and opened to a random page.

"Dear B-"

"No, not one of those pages," Eleanora said, pushing his hand lightly and giving him a small smile. Bill's eyes scanned over the letter she'd written him during one of her last days at Malfoy Manor. Eleanora watched as a tear dropped onto the page and smeared part of the ink. Bill wiped his eyes quickly and cleared his throat, flipping to a different page.

"What did they do to you?" he whispered, running his fingers over the little symbols.

"What does it say?" Lupin asked, leaning over the back of Bill's chair.

"You won't be able to read it," said Eleanora. At that moment, Tonks entered the room followed closely by Snape, who was carrying a vat of sour smelling yellow ointment. "Oh thank god," Eleanora breathed, reaching out for the potion.

"Allow me," Snape said to everyone's surprise. "You may be good at potions, but I'm still the one who taught you," he explained. Eleanora finished cutting away the fabric of her jeans and let Snape use a cloth to squeeze the ointment onto her cuts.

It stung so badly her eyes watered and she reached out for Bill's hand. Daisy hovered over Snape's shoulder, watching his work carefully. As the potion hit Eleanora's skin, the wound started to clean itself and look less harsh than before.

"Will it make them go away?" Daisy asked, hanging onto Eleanora's chair.

"No," Snape said. "The only purpose this potion serves is to extract any poison from the lycanthropic scratch."

"Then why don't they do that to werewolf bites?" said Daisy.

"That's a very good question," Lupin said, immediately jumping into teacher-mode. "See, potions like this only have the ability to heal minor lycanthropic injuries. Bites from a werewolf are much more serious than scratches, in fact- Eleanora, how did you avoid a bite if Greyback was close enough to..." he gestured at Eleanora's leg.