\𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓇𝓉𝓎-ℴ𝓃ℯ\

~

~

"We have to go!"

"El- wait- stop-" Bill held Eleanora back from the mass of people surging towards the field. "Just hold on."

"No- let me go! I have to see him!" Tears rolled down Eleanora's cheeks as she wrenched her arm out of Bill's grasp and pushed her way to the front. She had to see Cedric. He couldn't be dead, there was no way. Cedric wouldn't die- he'd promised not to. He was too strong for that.

Bill followed Eleanora, watching her freeze just feet away from Cedric's dead body. Dumbledore was trying to pry Harry off of Cedric and Mr. Diggory was standing nearby, sobbing over his boy. Eleanora felt as though the wind had been knocked out of her. It couldn't be real.

"He's back- Voldemort's back."

Harry's voice echoed in Eleanora's head, drowning out all other noise. Voldemort's back and Cedric's dead. Her hand moved to cover her mouth as the screaming came back to echo in her ears. It was Cho, and it was Amos Diggory, and it was Cedric's Hufflepuff friends, his teammates, his teachers.

She turned and ran.

"Eleanora." Bill followed her, weaving through the crowd and keeping the back of Eleanora's hair in view. They had made it to the front doors of the school before Eleanora slowed down. Bill caught up to her. "El- where are you going?"

"I need paper," Eleanora muttered. She didn't stop walking. She didn't look at Bill. She had a destination in mind and she wasn't about to stop until she made it.

"Paper- yeah." Bill had no idea what she was doing, but he rifled around in his pockets. "I have... this." It was an order form for Weasley's Wizard Wheezes. Eleanora nodded silently and grabbed he paper. They were climbing steps now and Bill suddenly knew where they were going.

He held the Owlery door open for Eleanora and stepped in after her. She headed straight for Circe, brandishing a muggle pen on the way. She sat down on the window seat next to her owl and Bill knelt next to her. Eleanora started scribbling furiously on the paper.

Lupin-
I'm in. Burrow on 1 July. YKW is back.
-Eleanora

She rolled up the scrap of paper and attached it to Circe's leg. Circe hooted and soared out the window. Bill and Eleanora watched her go. When Circe had faded from sight, Bill moved to sit next to Eleanora. Her eyes were red and puffy and her face was tear-stained. She looked up at him helplessly. There was nothing more to do. Cedric was dead.

The tears came again, Eleanora's breath catching in her throat. This time, she didn't run. She leaned forward and Bill wrapped her in his arms. He didn't say anything. There was nothing to say. He just sat and held her as she shook with sobs and clutched a handful of his t-shirt in her hand like a lifeline.