\𝓉𝓌ℯ𝓃𝓉𝓎\

~

~

August, 2000

"Georgie!" Eleanora cried, swinging the door open and pulling George into a hug. "Hey, Ang-" She hugged Angelina too, and then stepped aside so the couple could come inside Shell Cottage, which smelled of cooking food and was bathed in fresh sunlight streaming through the open windows.

Ron and Hermione were already sitting in the kitchen with Bill, Hermione chopping up carrots for the soup and Ron telling them a very dramatized version of his experiences training to be an Auror. Hermione kept rolling her eyes and correcting him, but it was obvious how in love the two were.

George, Angelina, and Eleanora joined them in the kitchen, Eleanora looking over Bill's shoulder at the fish he was cooking. "Looks good," she murmured, her fingers grazing his arm as she moved past him to start mixing up batter for the dessert.

"Ahhh, Harry and Ginny are late... again," Angelina chuckled, surveying the kitchen quickly. In the last year, the three couples had started having dinners together every few weeks. Harry and Ginny were never on time.

Eleanora laughed and flicked her wand, sending a pile of potatoes and a knife towards the counter in front of Angelina and George. "Skin those and chop them into squares, okay?" She went back to mixing up the batter. "Have either of you heard from Lee lately?"

"Mmm, not from Lee," said Angelina. "But I talked to Alicia the other day and she told me some... big news." She caught Eleanora's eye and smiled. Since the Battle of Hogwarts, the three girls who had played quidditch together throughout their Hogwarts careers reconnected, and soon became as close friends as they had been back at school.

Eleanora's head jerked up, surprised. "He didn't propose, did he?"

"No," said Angelina, her voice cracking with excitement, "But she thinks he's going to!"

Eleanora dropped her stirring spoon and made a happy noise, moving to give Angelina a one armed hug. "Oh, that's so exciting! We need another wedding around here."

"Tell me about it," said Bill. "It's been too quiet around here."

"It has not!" Eleanora laughed, elbowing Bill in the side. "We just had Harry's birthday party!"

Just as Eleanora mentioned Harry, there was a knock on the door. "Speaking of which..." Bill said, "Ron, could you get that?"

Ron got up to answer the door and Hermione handed Bill her cutting board of carrots, all chopped neatly into little circles. Her sleeve came up a bit and Eleanora caught a glimpse of her 'mudblood' scar, now faded to a pale white. She felt her own arm ache slightly at the memory of Malfoy Manor, but it was so long ago now and Eleanora knew how to deal with the pain now. "Harry!" Hermione said, leaping out of her seat to hug Harry and Ginny.