𝓉𝒽𝓇ℯℯ

epilogue 3/5

epilogue 3/5

"I'll take a jar of pepperup potion if you've got it," the customer said, peering curiously at the shelf of jars behind Eleanora's shoulder. "That is... if you've got it."

Eleanora turned to the shelf and pulled down a jar of silvery liquid. "I don't carry pepperup anymore, but I can promise you this potion'll do the same thing without the side effects."

"You mean... my ears won't start steaming?"

"Exactly, and it's all natural magical ingredients, too. I can guarantee it'll work, and if doesn't, I'll personally buy you a whole stock of pepperup." She gave the customer a lopsided grin and pushed the jar forward.

The woman looked at it curiously, and then shrugged her shoulders and pulled out her wallet. "I'll try it out. Anything that would help this god-awful cold is fine by me. It's going around, isn't it?"

"You're the fifth person today to tell me that," Eleanora murmured as she took the money and bagged up the little jar of medicine. "Funny how that works, isn't it?"

The customer made an acknowledging noise and took the bag. "I've heard good things about your apothecary, so I'm sure it'll work."

"I sure hope so," said Eleanora, "Be sure to come back and let me know. Have a nice day!" The customer nodded and left the shop.

Eleanora slipped out from behind the counter to see who else she could help find the medicine they needed. There had been a steady crowd all day, especially containing Hogwarts students buying up supplies for their Potions classes. Eleanora always loved when the students came in and got a few special stocks of more fun potions for them to smuggle into the school. She knew that she, Fred, and George would've loved something like that when they were kids.

Eleanora was talking to a woman whose grandson had broken out in an inexplicable bout of boils the day before about possible cures when she felt a small tap on her shoulder. She turned around to see Georgia standing behind her with Teddy Lupin, both looking sun-soaked and happy. "We'll be over here," Georgia murmured, gesturing to a shelf Eleanora kept stocked with a few Weasley Wizard Wheezes products out of support for George. He, in turn, kept some of her products stocked in his store.

Eleanora finished up with the customer, supplying her with every remedy she could think of and a wealth of knowledge on the causes and solutions to boils, before joining Georgia and Teddy in the corner. "What're you two doing here?" she asked, smiling widely. She loved it when people she knew came into the apothecary.

"Getting my school things," Georgia said cheerfully. "Dad said I could go with Teddy because he has to babysit Uncle Harry and Aunt Ginny's kids."

"Oh, good," said Eleanora, "Well, you can just take whatever you need for potions from here- you are taking potions this year, aren't you?"

"Course I am, Mum, McGonagall wouldn't let me drop it because of you. Besides, I need it to get a job as a naturalist." Georgia had been thinking about a career as a naturalist for years now, ever since she'd talked to Luna Lovegood at one of Harry's birthday parties.

"Good, good," Eleanora said, looking distractedly around the store. She was always scattered when she was at work, feeling as though her head was split in a million different places at once. "Teddy, you can obviously take whatever you want too. You're family."

Teddy's face split into an enormous grin. "Thanks, El. Speaking of which, d'you mind if I stay over the first weekend of September? My apartment's infested with pixies and the magical creature squad has to come and get them out."

"Of course you can," Eleanora said, her eyes widening. "Are you sure you'll be alright there for now? Pixies can be brutal."

"I'll be fine," Teddy said, waving her off. "They're not violent, just sort of troublesome. Honestly, I might miss them when they're gone."

Georgia could barely hide her smile at this. "Wait," she said, looking suddenly mildly upset. "You're staying after I leave for Hogwarts."

Teddy frowned, then reached out a hand to ruffle her hair. "It's alright, I'll write to you. And I'll see you at Christmas."

"Yeah," Georgia said, her smile returning, "Christmas." Eleanora looked back and forth between the two with knitted eyebrows but neither seemed to notice she was there anymore. She cleared her throat loudly and both kids jumped and looked away guiltily.

"Anyways," Teddy said, "We'd best get the- uh- the rest of our shopping in."

"Right-" Georgia said quickly, "Shopping. Ah- see you, Mum."

"Yeah, later, El."

Eleanora loaded them up with as many free products as she could, especially Teddy, whose health she worried about sometimes. He looked just as tired and sickly as Remus did sometimes, which made her nervous. Finally, Teddy and Georgia left side by side and Eleanora watched them walking up the street together, both talking animatedly about some topic only the two of them could understand.

When Eleanora got home, Georgia wasn't back from shopping yet, but Bill was sitting in the living room with a cup of tea and a book. "Hey," he said when he saw Eleanora. He got up and wrapped his arms around her waist, leaning down to give her a deep kiss. "How was your day?"

"Good," said Eleanora, "Georgia and Teddy came into the shop today."

"Really?" Bill sat back down on the couch and Eleanora settled down next to him, her legs over his and her arm around his neck. "Yeah, she told me they were going to get school things today- what?"

Eleanora had been looking at Bill with a satisfied expression. "I definitely win," she said gloatingly.

"No way," said Bill, a smile that made Eleanora's heart flutter growing on his face. "Honestly, El, I don't think they're together. And if they are... I mean-"

"What? We love Teddy."

Bill shrugged his shoulders, choosing his words carefully. "Of course we love Teddy, but come on, El. The kid's trouble. Remember all those letters we used to get when he was at school? I mean, remember when he and his friends mailed Georgia a toilet seat-?"

"Bill, I did the same sort of stuff when I was at school. In fact, Fred, George, and I did steal a toilet seat to give to Harry once when he was in the hospital wing. Teddy's not trouble anymore, he's really grown up." Her fingers ran gently over the back of Bill's neck and his arm went around her back, gently pulling her closer.

"She's too young for him," Bill said softly.

Eleanora let out a short laugh. "Look at us! We're worse than them. And besides, Georgia's not a little kid anymore."

"She'll always be our little kid."

"She's growing up," Eleanora said with a bittersweet edge to her voice. "And I think Teddy's good for her. You've seen them together. To be honest, they sort of remind me of how we used to be."

Bill grinned. "Well, I guess whatever makes her happy is alright. And, seeing as she's not back yet, I think we've got the evening to ourselves." He leaned forward and his lips collided with Eleanora's, his fingers moving through her hair. Eleanora laughed into his lips and laid back, pulling him down with her. "Want to go upstairs?" he murmured, breaking apart from her for a split second and trailing his fingers down her side, sending shivers up her spine.

"No, let's just stay here." She wound her fingers through his hair and pulled him down to her again, treasuring every moment she got with the love of her life.