\\𝒪ℛ𝒟ℰℛ 𝒪𝒥 𝒯ℋℰ 𝒫ℋ𝒪ℰ𝒩ℐ𝒳\\

~

~

Eleanora was running as fast as she could, her heart pounding. She could feel sweat accumulating on her hands, more and more until they were drenched in hot water, pouring out of her fingers and moving up to her wrists. She looked over her shoulder at what was chasing her, but she couldn't remember what it was. She slowed to a stop, looking around. This was the wrong thing to do. The water pouring from her hands pooled at her feet and she stared in horror, rooted to the spot, at the ever deepening water. It was at her waist. Then it was at her shoulders. She opened her mouth to scream, but it was filled with water and she choked, inhaling the water into her lungs. The scene switched as she started to lose consciousness.

There was a flash of green light. Cedric was lying on the ground, dead. Eleanora stared in horror, then noticed who was above him holding the wand. It was Cillian. She blinked and it was Stephan. Blinked again and the body on the ground was Fred's. Again, and it was Bill. A high pitched scream echoed in her ears.

Eleanora sat bolt upright in bed, dripping in sweat. It took her a moment to realize the scream had been her own. It ended in a choked sob as she pulled her knees up to her chest, burying her face in the covers.

There were footsteps on the landing and she jumped when the door flew open. As often as this exact chain of events had occurred that summer, Eleanora always jumped when the door opened. And Bill always felt bad when he saw her do so. He closed it gently behind himself before hurrying to her bed. She slid over slightly to make room for him to sit next to her.

"Hey," he said gently, wrapping his arms around her. "Hey. Same as last time?" She nodded her head, still buried in the blankets. "Yeah... it's okay." Bill brushed her hair back and rubbed her shoulder comfortingly. "We're all okay."

"He's not," Eleanora sobbed, lifting her head to look at Bill with watery eyes. "Cedric's not."

"I know," Bill whispered.

Eleanora wrapped her arms around her knees and rested her head on her arms. She sniffled and bit down on her lip, trying to stop herself from crying even more. She was so sick of crying. She felt like it was all she'd done all summer. That, and going to Order meetings. Bill kept one hand on her back and laid his own head on his legs, leveling his face with hers.

"You don't have to do this, you know," Eleanora said quietly. Bill had been waking up with her every night, sometimes two or three times a night, to sit with her after her nightmares. She felt guilty, knowing that he still had to get up early in the mornings for work.

"Don't worry about me, El." Bill's voice was still gentle, but firm. "I want to be here. I promise I want to be here."

Eleanora nodded and leaned into Bill's side. He was warm her eyes started to grow heavy. It was easier to forget her nightmares when she was in his arms, falling asleep to his steady breathing and his sweet smell.