\\𝓉𝒽𝓇ℯℯ\\ (𝒸ℴ𝓃𝓉𝒾𝓃𝓊ℯ𝒹)

~

~

The Death-Eaters attacked almost the second Eleanora and Bill were in the sky. Eleanora heard a shout from somewhere to her right, and then a jet of red light narrowly missed her head. "They're early," Bill muttered in her ear, reaching for his wand.

"You hold them off, I'll try and steer us away."

"Away?!" Bill said, dismayed. "But-"

"To lead them away from Harry. Just-" She didn't get a chance to finish her sentence because another spell had almost hit Bill in the chest.

Eleanora guided the thestral down rapidly and felt Bill's left hand clench around the fabric of her t-shirt. She heard him shouting spells at rapid-fire speed, but the commotion never died away. Eleanora pulled out her own wand and shot a stunning spell into the distance, but mainly focused on keeping them just close enough to distract the Death-Eaters from the real Harry, but far enough away to keep him out of harm.

Eleanora dove further towards the main battle, tearing her eyes from the air in front of her to stun a hooded figure who had appeared near them. The figure toppled off their broom, and Eleanora felt a stab of regret in her chest. The number of people she knew who were now Death-Eaters, who could've been that person... She didn't want to think about it.

"Left!" Bill called, and Eleanora careened the thestral to the left. She felt her hair start to grow long again and her body uncomfortably shrink back to its regular size. Had it been an hour already? Bill's left hand still gripped her shirt while his right was engaged in battle with a hooded figure who didn't seem at all as willing to give up as the one Eleanora had knocked out.

"Marks!" Moody and Mundungus had caught up to their thestral and were flying level to them on the other side of Bill's duel, both looking grim.

"Things aren't exactly going- as according to plan, Mad-Eye," Bill shouted over his shoulder, throwing a hex towards the Death-Eater at the same time with frightening accuracy.

"Thanks for the update, Weasley," Moody roared over the sound of the wind blowing in their ears. "Listen, we've been compromised! I need you two to find Lupin- he'll- watch it!"

Just then, the Death-Eater Bill had been fighting with moved out of the way to make room for yet another figure, a more shadowy, dark one with a face as white as snow. Eleanora felt as though her heart had dropped out of her chest and fallen the whole way to the ground. Voldemort shot a jet of green light out of his wand that missed both Bill and Eleanora, hurtling straight towards Moody and Mundungus. "Protego!" Eleanora shouted, but to no avail.

There was a yelp and a pop and Mundungus disapparated at the same moment as the green light hit Moody square in the face. "No!" Eleanora screamed, reaching so far out to try and grab at Moody that she almost fell off the thestral. Bill sent a jet of blue light towards the Death-Eater and knocked him clean off his broom before wrapping a protective arm around Eleanora's middle. Eleanora kept her wand at the ready, prepared to fight the Dark Lord if she had to, but he seemed to spot something more worthy of fighting and disappeared into the darkness.