\𝓉𝒽𝓇ℯℯ\

~

~

Later that week, Eleanora sat at the dining room table with Tonks and Mrs. Weasley, sipping pumpkin juice and going over wedding plans. The didn't have any concrete details yet, but they weren't planning on having it for another year. Eleanora and Bill had tried to have it as soon as possible, but had to compromise with Molly. In the end, everyone was happy with the decision. It gave Eleanora and Bill longer to make the plans they wanted and Molly had more time to process everything. "Do you want to have it here?" Mrs. Weasley asked, a motherly smile on her lips. Since her talk with Eleanora the other night, she'd gone back to how she usually was.

"Ooh, yes," said Eleanora enthusiastically. "We could do it in the garden."

Tonks, who had been uncharacteristically quiet throughout the conversation, perked up at this. "We could have flowers everywhere," she gushed, the usual spark coming back to her eyes. "I learned how to braid them into hair last summer- oh, it would be so pretty."

"That would be perfect," said Eleanora, a starry expression in her eyes. The three women sat in dreamy silence for a minute, and then there was a knock on the kitchen door. "Who is it?" Eleanora called, more out of obligation than anything. In the middle of the afternoon, she highly doubted any Death Eater would come knocking on the door of the Burrow.

"Cillian Marks," a voice came from the other side. Eleanora reconsidered her previous thoughts. She opened the door, coming face to face with her father.

"Dad, hey," she said in a flat voice. She was never sure exactly where she stood with Cillian. He'd been visiting about once a week since he moved back into Marks Manor to see his daughters, but only Daisy spent time with him. Eleanora usually said hello and then excused herself to hang out with Bill or the twins.

"Eleanora!" Cillian said, far more cheerfully than usual. To Eleanora's surprise, her father swept her into a tight hug. "Congratulations!" Over Cillian's shoulder, Eleanora caught Mrs. Weasley's eye and saw her shrug with a knowing smile. Of course Mrs. Weasley had been the one to tell Cillian. "I can't believe it," Cillian continued, "My little girl all grown up and- and getting married!"

Eleanora's smile faded but she let her father hug her for a moment longer. "Thanks, Dad," she said when she was finally released. "And-um, thanks for giving Bill the ring."

Cillian's eyes brightened when he caught sight of Eveline's old wedding ring on Eleanora's finger. "She would've wanted you to have it."

At that moment, there was a thundering on the stairs and Daisy leapt off the landing followed closely by Fred and George, who were visiting for the afternoon. Daisy was waving an envelope in her hand and when she saw her father, she shrieked, "My letter! I've gotten my letter!"

As she jumped into Cillian's arms, the twins stood on either side of Eleanora. "It's like she didn't think she'd get in," George chuckled.

"It'll be weird without her around, though," said Fred.