ℯ𝓅𝒾𝓁ℴℊ𝓊ℯ

epilogue 1/5

epilogue 1/5

seventeen years later

"Georgia, get the door, will you?"

"Aye aye, captain."

Bill's mouth twitched into a smile as he watched his daughter slide off of her chair and disappear to the dining room to open the door, then turned to Eleanora. "Why's she keep saying that?"

"Because Teddy keeps saying it."

"Ahhhh." They shared a knowing smile as Georgia reappeared in the doorway of the living room, Teddy Lupin at her side.

Teddy looked so much like his parents, it was a bit hard for Eleanora to look at him sometimes. He was tall like Remus, and had passed up Eleanora by the time he was sixteen. She could remember the day he'd walked into her house for his weekly dinners with her, Bill, and Georgia, and she'd realized that he was no longer the little blue-haired baby they hadn't been able to keep still. Much like Remus, too, were the shadows under Teddy's eyes from lack of sleep and the way he never seemed to gain weight no matter how much you fed him. Eleanora was always on him for it, never fully believing his promises that he was eating and sleeping enough. "Teddy!" she said, standing up and pulling him into a hug.

He had to lean down to hug her back, but he did so with a tired smile on his face. "Hey, El." Bill got up too and he and Teddy did a half-handshake, half-one-armed-hug. "Sorry I'm late, I was helping George out with the store and got sidetracked."

"Oooo, are you going to work there?" Georgia asked, her face lighting up. The argument as to whether she looked more like Eleanora or Bill had persisted for all seventeen years of her life, with nobody coming to any sort of conclusion. Her hair was a soft auburn and fell in the same soft waves as Eleanora's, but when she smiled, Eleanora swore she looked exactly like Bill.

Teddy grinned down at Georgia. "At Weasley's Wizard Wheezes? Could you see me doing that?"

"You can do whatever you put your mind to," Georgia said as though quoting a motivational pamphlet. "And anyways, you could get me free stuff."

"Doesn't George already do that?" said Bill.

"Hmmm, that's right." Georgia shrugged and then looked back up at Teddy. "You could work at the magical creature shop. I keep asking Dad for a dog, but..." She tossed Bill a pointed look and he laughed.

"I told you, Georgie, you can get whatever pets you want once you've moved out," he said, ruffling his daughter's hair and slipping past her and Teddy to get to the kitchen. Everybody followed him, sliding into their usual chairs around the dining room table. "How's your grandma, Teddy?" Bill asked, handing him a bowl of mashed potatoes.

"She's alright," said Teddy, "I went to see her yesterday. She keeps yelling at me to move again."

Eleanora pursed her lips and spooned carrots onto Teddy's plate. "It is a bit of a dodgy place, you know."