\ℯ𝒾ℊ𝒽𝓉ℯℯ𝓃\

~

~

Eleanora and Bill only stayed with the celebrating crowd for a few minutes. Eleanora hugged as many people as she could, keeping track of those who were still alive and scanning the crowd for people she hadn't seen since before the battle. She was relieved when Wood pulled her into his arms, followed by Angelina Johnson and Alicia Spinnet, all three of which seemed unscathed. Lee wrapped Eleanora up in his arms with less enthusiasm as usual, and when he stood back, it looked like a light had gone out in his eyes. She felt the same way; like she may never be happy again in her life. It was like the feeling she got when the dementors had been around school her sixth year, but it was never-ending and kept weighing on her chest, growing worse every time she thought of one of the people she'd lost.

After giving George one last hug, Eleanora turned to Bill with wide eyes. "I completely forgot," she said in a shocked voice, "Daisy."

"Let's go." Bill took Eleanora's hand and together they ran through the corridors, Eleanora pulling Bill towards the passageway on the fourth floor. When they got there, Eleanora's stomach dropped when she saw that the cabinet on top of the trapdoor had been smashed to pieces. Bill looked over at Eleanora and saw that genuine fear was etched across her face. "She's okay," he said, trying to keep his voice calm. "I'm sure she's okay."

Eleanora dropped to her knees and hurriedly opened the trapdoor, skipping the last few rungs of the ladder and dropping cat-like into the little room. Bill jumped down next to her and lit his wand, following Eleanora back to where she'd given Daisy the sleeping drought. The floor was bare. "She was right- she's not-" Eleanora's throat seized up in panic and she ran her fingers through her hair.

Bill clenched his teeth together, unable to accept the idea of Daisy being gone. He'd already lost one of his little siblings, he couldn't lose what felt like another. "Daisy!" he called sharply, casting the light of his wand around the room. "Daisy-" then, he saw the shape huddled in the back corner. "El-"

Eleanora ran to the shape, and let out a sigh of relief as she pulled her own jacket off of the huddled figure of Daisy, fast asleep. "Daisy," she whispered, shaking her sister slightly.

Daisy's eyes opened slowly and pushed her hair out of her eyes, shifting so she was sitting up straighter. "What happened?" she asked groggily. "Is it over?"

Eleanora's eyes filled with tears as she nodded her head and pulled her little sister into her arms. "Yeah, honey. It's over. We won."

Bill dropped to his knees next to Eleanora and she leaned into him, letting him wrap his arms around both of them. They sat there in a huddled group for a long time, Bill and Eleanora both shaking with silent sobs until Daisy finally sat back on her heels and surveyed them. "Where's Freddie?"

At this, Bill buried his face in his hands and Eleanora could only manage to shake her head before dissolving into a fresh wave of tears. Daisy stared at them, confused. "You don't mean he's-"