Chapter 9 - The Dinner from Hell

Elijah pulled out a chair for me, and I sat down. One of the compelled waiters came forward and poured out the Bordeaux. Finn was the last to be served he smelt it

"What an aromatic Bordeaux." He commented

"Well, it was a challenge to find a good paring.  What wine goes well with treachery?" Nik wondered as he sat next to me at the he'd of the table.

"Don't pout brother. Tonight is meant to be a happy occasion." He muttered something to the waitress as Elijah took his seat next to me and Finn sat across from us.

"What exactly are we celebrating?" Elijah inquired having his arm around the back of my chair.

"Why, my return of course. Remember I spent 900 years, right lying daggered in a box. I'm rather enjoying this new body." Fin answered, I raised my glass to Nik.

"An inspired decision given he's inspirationally annoying. A shame death didn't stick." Nik chuckled

"As I was saying." Finn brought the attention back to him he was clearly irritated by my comment "Strolling about your lovely city that you've made your home. But do tell me, what'd I miss? Regale me with your contributions to society. Medicine, philosophy? Art? Or have you two merely cut a path of destruction across time?"

"Well, we have done some crowd management, right boys? You know the rabble against the Mikaelson's is plenty. Sorry was plenty they're thinning out"   I smirk

"The last time we met, you were helping our mother try to annihilate the lot of us. Let's not throw stones in glass houses." Nik added as we were served our food.

"Are we not expecting another guest?" Elijah wondered

"Mother will sit at the head. As for the seat next to me that's reserved for another of our clan." my eyebrows furrowed, surly he couldn't mean Kol, he only made a brief return to help me out, as far as I know he's off looking for Davina and Mikael. "Care to wager an educated guess? How about a paranoid one?"

"Well there is no way Kol would listen to anything other than his ego, no wait I will add Beth to that list as well." Nik retorted

"And yet, our mother has made such a compelling argument that even he, the wildest of us Mikaelson's has seen the error of his ways." I wouldn't say that. I thought, Nik was right his ego and me. He was scared of his mother but against her wishes he has been there wth me since he came back.

"And accepted his new form with vigour. Change, dear brothers, is inevitable."

"You would dare face us as a mortal. The only thing inevitable is your death." Nik threw a knife at him but using his magic, Finn made it lodge itself in the chair meant for Esther. I wasn't based as Nik and Elijah were. Kol had informed me bits and pieces. Finn took the knife

"I suppose the honour of carving got to the oldest.  We have much to discuss."

-------

I was getting bored now, Finn was enjoying the sound of his own voice. And none of us were being hurt so he wasn't in pain.

"I'm rather enjoying my evening." Finn commented having some more wine.

"And I'd enjoy you getting to the point." Nik retorted in annoyance at his oldest brother.

"I had 900 years to learn to be patient. Although I am curious why you kept me dagger in a box for so long." Finn wondered put loud

"Have you met yourself." I drawl leaning my head back

"You were daggered for being a ever simpering sycophant. Did mother bring you back from the dead so you could wash her knickers?" Nik smirked making me laugh silently and hold my hand to my face.

"She raised me because I was treated unfairly! Cheated out of all but the smallest portion of my life" he snapped back

"OH. Twang goes the nerve you hit, Nik. Abandonment issues and sibling jealousy. Obviously." I breathed calming down for a moment and raising my glass he did as well and we clinked "Bravo."

"Elijah, I can understand such cruelty coming from him, from them. But I always thought of you as being the compassionate one. What did I do to deserve you turning your back on me? Were you afraid of Niklaus? Are you still? Or perhaps jealousy is why you kept me locked in a box. You coveted the duties of the eldest brother in which case you had near on a millennium to fix the problems of this family. And instead, produced nine centuries of failure." my laughter stopped. The objects on the table began to rattle, the table shook them and the candles began to flicker. The temperature dropped.

"What's going on?" Finn questioned as I glared at him

"Beth, stopped laughing. Talk about a nerve. I think this is the classic case of she can be mean to him but no one else can." Nik stated and  I heard two chairs scrape backwards "She's gonna blow." I screamed and the full force of my magic hit him throwing him back but shattering nearly every part of the dinner set and blowing out all of the candles. My scream died down and I blinked looking around.

"That feels so much better." I stood up and grabbed a broken glass then walked past the two shocked brothers to grab more wine. I held it up inspecting it "Sorry about that, long time coming though. Clean out the cobwebs." I smiled. Elijah looked back and walked over to Finn

"he just unconcious, for now, he'll have a hell of a headache though, I figured keep him in the same body for now, know thy enemy. Cheers."