Chapter 26 - Mi Familia

-Beth-

Elijah was off doing something and I took this time to leave Klaus with his brothers to go talk to Marcel and collect him seen as he was going to lend us a hand. When I got there he was with Davina and Josh.

"Is this a bad time I can come back?" I pointed to leave

"No, how can I help?" Marcel asked

"You've already helped. By finding Kol. Hello Davina, Josh." I nod to them coming further into the room

"What have you done to Kaleb?" Davina scowled at me

"You mean Kol." i correct her "Nothing. Unlike Finn, he's not a prisoner, he's a guest, he's family. But let me take a whack and guess your upset he's with us." I stand in front of her

"He hates..."

"How he's been treated. I'm well aware. It's because of his past mistreatment Esther was able to sink her clutches. But he's home, he's safe. Thank you, Marcel. I owe you a debt of gratitude and a favour. Maybe a top up of blood for werewolf bites?" I offer

"That would be much appreciated. I'll go get the vials." he left

"You called him a guest." Davina stated and i went to sit down "Why?"

"Because he is. I hate to sound full of myself but I have a charm. Most of the Mikaelson men are attached to me and I to them. Finn being the exception. I love Kol like I love Nik, as family his death broke something within me that I named my son after him. To have him here, well mind and soul is one of the greatest gifts that has happened. He may have a thing for his brothers but the bond between me and them is unbreakable now. he's safe, we're just talking." Marcel came back out and i refilled the vials. "Care to join me Marcel?"

"A pleasure. D, stick with Josh okay." we left and returned back to the compound.

"Gentlemen, sorry for the waiting time, but I was retrieving an old friend who wanted to say hello." I beamed walking in. Marcel came in with Nik. I held my hand out to Kol and he took it.

"Hello." Marcel grinned

"You again. Aren't you sick of getting bullied by my brother?" Kol questioned

"Oh I volunteered." he walked over to Finn "First you messed with Cami and now you want to bring Rebekah into this. Uh-uh. Not happening."

"Luckily for me. Kol like myself has loyalty to our dearest Beth, which I will settle for, now I would rather have you both on side. But I would settle for just Kol. Either way Finn, if you continue to defy me your life will be reduced to an unending sequence of agonising torture. So which is to be, brother." Nik wondered smirking

"Come, Kol. Let's talk." I smile

"Is that it brother?" Fin asks "You'll just switch sides? Because of what she's nice to you, have you forgotten what they have done to us."

"She makes us better, Finn. Mother was right then and now that she bonds us. You just refuse to see it and let it in." We walk into another room.

"Kol, why don't you tell me what you've been up to." Marcel followed us in and I sighed 

"Or it's plan B."

"Nik's insurance and test to see if your loyalty lives up to the same as his." I tell him holding my hands up in defence, not my idea.

"How about we talk in private."he laid down on the floor and held out his hand. I looked back at Marcel and and shrugged. I laid down next to me and I muttered a spell to make him sleep, I then took his hand and went into his dreams.

We were oddly back at the old mystic falls the village Kol grew up in. I saw him come out as his normal self and not the body he was occupying.

"Hello, darling." he smirked "Now that brings back memories." i looked down and I was in the ancient attire.

"Kol, you wanted to talk in private. This is your setting I'm just a guest." I fold my arms

"I want you to tell me the truth, Beth." he sat down on a log

"What truth would that be, Kol?" I raise an eyebrow

"That Daniel is alive and safe." my jaw slackened "The the only person who truly cares about me in this family you."

"Kol." my voice broke

"Ever since your ex killed me, I stayed by your side. Because you were the only one who truly mourned me. I couldn't leave you, not then and not when I came back. I kept an eye on you, not in a creepy way, but in a protective way. I was there when you find out you were pregnant, when Elijah payed more attention to Hayley than you. I was there when you gave birth but then I woke up." he told me as I sat next to him

"But ever since I did, it's bizarre because I feel this pull away from new Orleans. It feels like the same gravitating feeling I have towards you. But it's not you. It got me thinking, the way you reacted was weird, everyone else was like she's mourning but I know you, Beth. Just tell me the truth" I didn't say anything, just looked down.

"All my existence it's been the three of them. Elijah Niklaus and Rebekah. Finn was too busy licking mothers footwear and Henrick was too young. Autumn loved Elijah but she was my best friend, first and as long as i had her it didn't seem to matter. Not until she was gone and then it was just us, I had lost my best friend and my magic. I was left with a family who made me feel like an outcast, being repeatedly daggered."  he took a deep breath

"And then you came along, we were distant first but, I finally felt..." he trailed off "I just want you to be honest with me, Beth. Just tell me the truth please and I will tell you it in return."

"OK. Okay." i sigh "You're right. Daniel is alive, he has been this whole time but when i was told that my ancient best friend put this declaration out that he was off limits we knew she couldn't reach anywhere and anyone with a grudge against our family would, would try to hurt him. But he has to stay away Kol, until it's safe, until we can make it safe." he wrapped his arms around me.

I sat up sharply and look around, i was back in my room. Nik and Marcel were watching me.

"So what did he say?" Nik questioned "What is my mother planning?" I stood up and walked over to him.

"he needs to be apart of this family, Nik. No more three musketeers with you, Elijah and Bekah. He is your brother, he needs your trust, your love, your acceptance. You include him, don't shun him away." his demeanour change "He is one of us."

"Of course."

"I mean it, Niklaus. We are family, he is apart of our always and forever. He comes in from the cold and you don't shut him out again." he nodded. I then look at Marcel "Esther wants Davina's knowledge and the white oak stake, he was sent to spy and bring her into the fold. but it's a different fold now. You've had your issues in the past and that fine, but he's family. We're united. Understand." Marcel nods. I wave my hand and Kol wakes up, I got over and help him to stand.

"Have something to eat, you must be starving. Talk with Marcel but not fighting, either of you." I pointed between them then held Kol's cheek "Welcome home." I gave him a soft smile

"Let's go Nik." I walk out

"Beth wait." he stopped me "There's something i need to tell you."

"What?" I question confused

"We think Esther has managed to find the children." I was more alert now "Relax, Elijah is taking care of it, he is meeting up with Rebekah and Stefan, who has both Daniel and Sophia. He will call us when he knows more."

"I should have known about this sooner, Nik." I scowled at him

"I know, I know but it's one more day if that. We just need to deal with this, okay, keep your mind here, we're so close to being united." I sigh but agree. We walk back into the ballroom.