Chapter 25 - Trouble Brewing

-3rd Person-

On the outskirts of Mystic falls Jeremy and Stefan are at a park together with Sophia and Daniel. The two men share a secret, each is the guardian and caregiver of a child of Bethany Mikaleson. Fate has brought them together even though they ideally they should be apart. Other children play around them with parents joining in or watching happily from the sidelines.

Jeremy watches as the 3 year old Sophia giggles happily going down the side for the fifth. Stefan pushes the five month old Daniel on the small swing set. Meanwhile far away from then and without even knowing it. Rebekah who was looking after Hope was doing the same thing, for now the new generation of Mikaelsons were safe and happy

-Beth-

"We arrive into this world as innocents.Wide-eyed, Vulnerable. It is the job of our parents to nurture and protect us. But our own parents  failed miserably at even the most basic of parental tasks. But we are not beholden to the past they created for us. Today a new future awaits. Forget animosity towards Elijah and myself, maybe even Bethany. Instead join us against she who truly deserves your ire. Our mother." Nik calmly ranted out his speech to a chained Finn and a free Kol. My head flops back and his theatrics, as he went on at a 'family' breakfast.

"Do this, and we will welcome you with open arms.." I sigh then take a sip of my juice as Kol goes to reach for a beignet but Elijah pulls the plate back. "But if you continue to oppose us a denial of parties will be the least of your concern."

"If all you wanted was my allegiance against mother dearest, you should have just asked. You know that personally I can't stand you but Beth..." he winked at me and and shook my head

"You're an idiot, Kol. Finn, we have no burning desire to torture you right now, but provided you vow to stand beside us your brothers." I smile as Nik goes to stand behind them.

"Brothers? Does that word even apply to us after all these centuries of betrayal. And is loyalty to you ever really rewarded unless you have her face." Finn looked up at Nik then at me "If so, tell me, Niklaus, where is our sister Rebekah or your daughter Sophia." I scowled at him

"Rebekah was blindly loyal to you for a thousand years, and now nowhere to be found. Where did our sister go? And how did she escape your vile machinations." Finn questioned as Nik walked back round to his seat. I decided to answer this one.

"Rebekah, wanted a life, Finn. Away from the family and the drama, Nik finally had the courage to let her go. What she does to protect herself from this family's many enemy's is her choice. As for my daughter, she is safe, i learnt the hard way that she was better off without me in her life. But I doubt you would know seen as you're not a parent." I retorted. Elijah took my hand and squeezed it.

"You think me vile, brother?" Nik drew back Finn's attention "What do you make of the one who cursed us?" he wondered sitting back down. I grabbed a beniget and began to munch on it.

"She was trying to make you mortal again. That you all refused her only proves how far you've fallen. But I suspect Rebekah will have a different response to your proposal. See unlike the two of you, she always did cling to her humanity." Finn defended

"Rebekah is off limits to you. You pursue her and you will suffer." Elijah threatened

"Don't let him get to you, my love. Neither him or Esther will find Rebekah unless she wants to be found and she doesn't." I assure him

"Esther is quite determined. She has been searching for Rebekah and Sophia since the day she returned."

"No!" I yell standing up "You leave my daughter out of this, Esther has no need for her, for anything. She is innocent."  I was pushed back, Elijah grabbed Finn and pulled him across the table biting him. Nik rushed to pull him off and to one side.

-3rd person-

Stefan was chuckling at the little giggles coming from Daniel. But something caught his eye. The park went silent. He looked up and the only ones there were the four of them. Jeremy saw this too. Then there was a dozen flocks of birds surrounding them. Stefan looked at Jeremy then back at Daniel. he lifted Daniel out of the swing.

"Sophia, baby come here." Sophia ran over to her father and he picked her up. Jeremy took her over to the same car that Stefan was going to. Stefan took out his phone and dialled the number. He got through to Elijah.

"Hello?"

"It's Stefan, We've been found, by...I don't even know who by but I know it's not good. What do we do?" Stefan questions as Nik's phone goes off. it's Rebekah with the exact same problem.

"Tell, Stefan to head west. I will tell Hayley and Beth." Klaus says to Elijah all protects on the other phone protested

"Do not tell Beth or Hayley. Esther is to smart for that. The only advantage we all have is that she things the babies died and Beth sent Sophia into protection. Text with plans." Rebekah hung up.

"I'll text you back." Elijah hung up and Stefan sighed

"Look, if we both go. It will raise eyebrows." Jeremy stated and sighed rubbing his face "Take the kids west, wait for instruction. I will go back and make excuses. Keep them safe." Stefan nodded and secured Sophia and Daniel in the car. Back at the compound. Beth was busy with taking Finn and Kol back into the ballroom. While Klaus and Elijah talked

"Go, Beth and I will take care of Kol and Finn." Elijah stated

"Splendid. In your hands Beth will be spending most of the time avoiding you killing one or both of them." Klaus retorted

"I will show restrain Hope..."

"Hope, Daniel and Sophia are safe for now. They need their parents yes but they need someone that's not going to fight first and plan later. What we need  allies to help us defeat our mother. Finn needs to be turned like Kol to our side. Without their help there'll be nowhere for the children to run."

"But.." Elijah tried to protest

"No buts. We have waited months, I can wait one more day and despite being reunited with your wife, she needs to be focused on the task at hand. So you go help the children. Beth and I will stay here. Go." Elijah sighed and left

"Elijah." he turned back around "I think it goes without saying but do whatever it takes to keep them safe."

"I give you my word."