Chapter Thirty One - In the loop

-Beth- 

"Morning my sweet baby boy." I coo as I pick up Daniel and walk out of our room into the kitchen. Elijah is making breakfast. Stefan is sat with Sophia as she colours in. Hayley is holding Hope while she goes to join them. I join Elijah in the kitchen and pick up a strawberry and fed it to him. He smiled the kissed Daniel's head as I then go over to join the rest of my family.

After breakfast we heard that Nik had returned back with Camille who was in a spot of trouble of her own involving our family.

"Camille, this is Hope and Daniel." Hayley and I carried our children outside to meet her. I also held onto Sophia's hand as we stepped outside.

"Oh my god. But I....you said...I thought they were..." she stuttered out in shock as I took the couple of steps down.

"The only way truly to protect them was to convince the world of their deaths." he explained

"Uncle Nik!" Sophia ran over to him and he lifted her up into his arms and kissed her head. He the turned back to the blonde

"I hope you understand. Once it's safe for you to leave here, our secret cannot leave with you." Camille nodded in understanding that she would have to forget what she saw. Hayley joined my side and Cami came over taking a hand each of the little one's. I glanced over to Nik who still held Sophia, who was now resting her head on his shoulder.

-------------\-------------------

Stefan was kind enough to watch the children as I sat in the living room when Nik was talking with Cami and Elijah stood by the window gazing out.

"Now that we've entombed our mother, we intend to finish making the city safe for the Hope, Daniel and Sophia. Which, to start means dealing with the lingering problem of Finn." Nik came to sit down.

"Once he figures out what you've done with your mother, he's gonna go off the deep end." Cami commented

"Cami, that deep end you speak off was a thousand years ago." I drawled crossing my legs and folding my arms.

"Which is exactly why we need to keep you out of harms way. Hayley, Beth and I will return home and take care of my wayward brother. Elijah and Stefan will remain here with you." Nik explained

"Elijah has been experiencing some...side effects since the ordeal with their mother holding him captive. Stefan is a loyal friend, well he is now that's a different story. But he will be with you as well." I continued as well as trying to be delicate of my husband's case.

"Best my brother stay and convalesce." Nik jabbed at his brother

"A single violent outburst at a filthy roadside cafe  and one never hears the end of it." Elijah rebuffed

"Boys." I lightly scolded "save the jabs for a later date please. Cami you have a delicate touch with minds plagued by deamons , after all you dealt with Nik's here and he's the cream of the crop. Perhaps you could help my husband with his...nightmares." I stood up.

"We had best be off."

"Yes." Nik agreed also standing "Rebekah should have woken up in the body of Angelica Barker. Once she has cut the ties of Miss Barkers former life, she'll make her way directly here. You should expect her shortly."

"Play nicely." I went to say my goodbyes to my children and Stefan then left with Nik and Hayley.