Chapter 58 - The Tale of Freya

Freya began to recount her time as a young girl with Dahlia, explaining all that happened.

"After taking me from my family Dahlia used me to forge a new brand of connective magic, one that augmented my power even as it allowed her to draw it from me. Once we were bonded, Dahlia became unstoppable. She wasted no time in proving her might. The chief of a nearby village threatened to run us off accusing Dahlia of witchcraft.

She decided to make an example out of the entire encampment. Men, women...children. She killed them all with a wave of her hand. That was the first inkling of the power Dahlia had. Over the course of a thousand years, she's only grown stronger. And she will bring all her power to bear against you when she comes for your children." Just then Elijah's phone started to ring and he answered it, excusing himself. I however picked out some food and was eating. The phone call was short as Elijah rejoined us.

"Your stories are fascinating. And Dahlia indeed sounds dreadful, but the three of us have killed our fair share of evil witches." Nik retorted sounding unimpressed

"Not like her."

"What are her weaknesses?" I question having a bite of my croissant

"She's paranoid, obsessed with power. She hungers constantly for what's been denied her be it love or revenge." Was the answer and I gave a broad grin.

"Yes, I think we're familiar with the type." Elijah commented

"Oh burn!" I shoved Nik's shoulder.

"When I was a child, she would tell me tales of her own youth. Of being victimised by those stronger than her. She vowed never to be weak again. She bargained for the first born of Esther's bloodline. Intending to raise us in her own image forming a coven of her own from which she could draw power. That plan was foiled the day she learned that Esther had ended her bloodline by turning her children into vampires. And so the burden fell to me. Dahlia demanded I bear the firstborn that would add to her power. But I would not allow a child of mine to live as I did. As a slave. So I vowed never to love. Never to have a child of my own. Of course the harder I resisted the harder Dahlia fought to have control over me.

Until the day she took the last of what little freedom I had left. My mortality, vowing that our magic would grow. And so we slept, our magic accusing over time, until we woke filled with immense power and allowed to live a single year of life. That has been the existence I've suffered for the last 10 centuries" Nik started laughing and my head turn slowly towards him.

"That is quite the ordeal isn't it?" he smirked

"Nik." I warned him.

"What? It does beg the question, why not end it yourself? A high enough bridge a tight enough noose. You must have considered it." he countered

"She did" I answered "Didn't you? Everything we've heard is all about you resisting and wanting to keep the natural balance of this. Dahlia went against your wishes. Its not that far of a jump to come to the conclusion."

"You are right. But Dahlia would never give me even that freedom. Immortal and impervious to harm." she wiped away stray tears " So you see. I am like you, the both of you. A creature of great power cursed for all time."

------

Elijah had separate to make a call and he came back leaning down to my ear.

"Rebekah's in trouble." he mumbled and I glanced up at him.

"I will go and find her." I tell him, standing up I addressed the others. "Please excuse me." I grabbed my things and left. using my tattoo I trailed over Rebekah's name. Each name was connected to a soul rather than a body. A simple locator spell instinctively took me to an abandoned lot of warehouses.

"Come on Bekah, I'm making you home." she got in and I pulled out on my way back to the compound.

"How did you even find me?" she wondered

"I will always find my family Becks. Always and Forever. Now let's go speak with the others.

------

I had the men brake away from their sister to deal with what was going on with Rebekah since that was the current and more able to deal with problem.

"It was this witch Eva. The nasty little cow is inside me trying to bust her way out." Rebekah vented after explaining to all of us what had been going on and what had just recently happened.

"Freya is downstairs. Perhaps..." I cut him off.

"Excuse you, I'm perfectly capable of doing it on my own." i point at him and he went to protest "Don't you play the lost mother card."

"Beth, she is our sister. I've known since she saved me from the Pauline cottage." Rebekah countered

"An act no doubt meant to secure your trust, perhaps for this very moment. To strike when we are vulnerable. No. We've no way to prove that anything she said to day is true. As family, Beth will help and find a way for you to be rid of this Sinclair witch once and for all." Nik declared "Make our excuse to her." Nik told Elijah. I took Rebekah's hands

"I already know what we can do." I smile