Chapter Seventy Three - Dahlia Muti-tasking

-3rd Person-

The wolves split in two, a group of them had split off to find the young witch, while the rest kept on the move. Sophia, clutched her cardigan tightly around her and she slowly made her way though the words following the sightings of her un talking mother. She was nearing the edge when she reached water, she ran and had something to drink.

"I'm hungry." Sophia pouted

"Not long left my child, save me." The figure of Bethany spoke "Drink and carry on."

-Beth-

"So Esther was cruel. You'll excuse my complete lack of surprise. Seem like it runs in the family." Nik commented taking me around the room.

"Talk about Stockholm syndrome. She's frightened of them only later to marry one of them. Fucked up move i have to admit."

"my own sister abandoned me. Just as your siblings have done." Dahlia summarised

"I know the feeling." I looked away thinking of Caroline, but I quickly brushed it off to a stare from Nik "What? I do. Just because the crazy woman wants to steal our children I'm not gonna lie and say I don't get this part. Stop judging." I scowl at him

"Like the two of you I have been unjustly painted as the villain." she added

"You still are." I huff rolling my eyes. Dahlia raised to her feet in a fit of rage wrecked the hovel.

"If you have a deal to propose then find my body and undagger me and release Beth." Nik retorted. Dahlia raised to her feet.

"The means to undagger and unlink you are already on their way. But we're not finished here." she wiped away a stray tear and followed in the footsteps of her younger self.

"We don't care about Esther. We get it she's a selfish bitch what else is new." I exclaim frustrated with the whole thing.

"What I show next isn't about Esther it's about your children. And if you have any chance to save them from what is about to come I suggest you listen." That shut me up and the scene changed again as the three of us were walking through the woods.

"Vey cliche. Tell me did you inspire the witches of Grimm lore?" Nik questioned as we now came on another hut. "Enslaving a young girl on the edge of a dark forrest in a hut. I assume this is your intention for Hope and Daniel."

"I did not enslave Freya. I kept her from those who abused our craft, demonised us and most importantly i shielded her from herself." A young Freya came past us and threw a flow on a burnt out fire only to use her magic and raised it again.

"Freya, Freya, Freya." Dahlia came out from the hut to her. "Where did you get the yarrow flower?" Dahlia realised

"You cannot go past the stream it's too dangerous" she warned the young witch.

"Then where shall I go? To the hovel? Or maybe your garden? Oh no, I'm not allowed to venture that far. I might encounter another person and you would not stand for that" Freya argued with her Aunt.

"People are frightened of that which they do not understand. They will only hate you." Dahlia tried to soothe Freya but got slapped away.

"I hate this place. I wanna see more than the same tree. the same hills, a face that isn't yours" she raged as the magic ripped from her. I stood straighter.

"Freya, control it. Control yourself Freya." Freya doubled in pain as her magic overwhelmed her and the wind picked up a, birds went crazy and Freya was coughing up blood. "Freya focus." but even the Dahlia we were observing couldn't handle the force of the magic. Dahlia wrapped her arms around Freya and the two knelt down.

"Sing with me, calm your heart." they hummed the tune together

"She was completely out of control." I comment

"First born witches in this bloodline possess the devastating power." Dahlia confirmed

"Your saying this is what's to become of Hope and Daniel" Nik and i parted to stand over the two.

"Hope and Daniel will suffer far more than Freya. Their magic will be tainted with your vampire blood as well as the aggressive wolf temperament. Without the proper tutelage that I can provide Hope and Daniel's power will grow unchecked. She will lash out at everyone, including the two of you. They'll devastate the city you love and then their terror will spread far beyond. I, too, am a first born, so I was the only one to help save Freya from herself. Just as I'm the only one who can save your children. You see, you need me." I folded my arms

-3rd Person-

In the real world Sophia had made it to the streets of New Orleans, the town was preparing for a festival so everyone was in there own little world not noticing the scared four year old trying to dodge people.

"Hello Little one." Dahlia in her caporal form knelt down "I was told to give this to you." she held up a locket.

"That's My Mommy's." Sophia stated "I'm not supposed to talk to strangers without her." Sophia stepped back.

"Oh I know. That is very good thing to do, so why don't you just listen instead. Around that corner is something to eat and drink, I will stay away from you and that way it will be okay." Sophia was apprehensive but she was hungry. She nodded and ran into the the cross over pathway between streets there was a sandwich and some juice.

"I am your Daddy's Aunt Dahlia, but I'm here to help you to get to your Mommy. She needs your help" Dahlia told her "I will guide you from afar back to her, but then it's all you, the gift you have are like your mother. And with that gift you need to do a special job." she explained as the little girl ate the peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

"Wha..." came the muffled response. Dahlia didn't say anything else till the little girl was finished

"Sophia, I need you to listen very carefully and try to remember okay." Sophia nodded "When you find your mother she will be with your Uncle Niklaus, he has something stuck right here. you need to pull it out. Okay." Sophia nodded once more having her juice

"When your Uncle and your mother wake up, tell her that she needs to move the bond from your uncle to you, she'll know how. now do you feel better? Good. There is a coat for you to have, to keep you nice and warm a hat too." Dahlia waved her wrist and Sophia gratefully took the hat and gloves.