Chapter 17

– Harry & Katelyn – [years before...]

     Fate is defined as something that was destined to happen. Chance is defined as the possibility of something happening.  Many, when they meet someone special, would call it fate but what if it was chance – where it was simply the chance that two people had met and not at all just fate's doing. Sometimes it's hard to determine a meeting as chance or fate. Harry always believed in fate, however, Katelyn never believed in fate but believed in chance.

     "Yeah, I met her in one of El's favourite shops," Louis tells his younger band mate with a grin. The past fifteen minutes was spent by Louis bombarding Harry about this girl him and his girlfriend had met today and how perfect she was for him. "And the best part? She is a fan that isn't too much. I thought she'd scream but she didn't, she was calm and collected when she asked for a picture. Eleanor and I had some tea with her and God, Harry, it's like fate!"

     "Lou, stop saying everything is fate," Harry chides from his lying position in his bunk.

     "But it is!" His animated friend shouts, making Zayn groan and throw a pillow at the eldest lad – he was recovering from a major headache –, Louis huffs before lowering his voice. "She's coming to the concert tonight, gonna stand with El so she can come back stage."

     "You just met her!" Harry whisper shouts. He then goes on to rant about how she could be some serial killer that's out to get him or something.

     Now, Harry is acting a bit overdramatic but the truth was, he was kind of nervous. Everything that Louis had told him about this girl was simply amazing. She is in Uni for criminal justice, has an obsession with lukewarm tea and tells terrible jokes too. (Wow, he hasn't even met her yet she's already making him nervous.) It's always been a problem for Harry, that when he'd meet a fan that'd he'd let their expectations down – that he wasn't the "perfect" lad they thought him to be. Perfect was a lot to live up to.

     But Louis knew that Harry's rant about her being a 'serial killer' was only out of nerves.

     "Hey, calm down." He pats Harry's shoulder. "Everything will be fine and she'll definitely enjoy meeting you, even if Liam is her favourite but I simply couldn't set him up with since he's in a relationship but hey, you're second best for her."

     "Wow, what an amazing pep talk."

     But of course, Louis was right. Katelyn Foster was ecstatic to meet Harry, to which he attempted at a joke if she was disappointed that he wasn't Liam – she immediately shook her head with a laugh. The two got along great, and Louis was proud of his wingman abilities.

     She was as beautiful, as Louis had described, her curly blonde hair, stunning light blue eyes, an adorable mole by her lips and just gorgeous overall. She was spunky and outgoing, Harry admired that.

     And despite only being in LA for only three days, Harry had decided to trust her and exchange phone numbers. Throughout the next months of the tour, the two kept in constant contact and Harry found himself developing feelings for her, as did she. Once touring was over, he immediately went back to LA and surprised her by showing up on her door step and asking her on a date.

     "It's about time fate had decided to bless me with someone as amazing as you," he tells her with a dimpled grin on their first date. He didn't bother hiding the fact that he fancied her, he found that move to be stupid. It's better to show it rather than bottle it up because if they don't feel the same you know to move on. But Harry knew she felt the same, it was all in her flushed cheeks and small giggles at his clumsiness and terrible jokes. (And the fact that she's on a date with him.)