Chapter 33

- Harry & Monica -

Honeymoon phases start at the beginning of any relationship - and you could, really, apply it to friendship as well. But for this case, it's relationships. Everyone knows that the honeymoon doesn't last - despite Louis' belief of having it be a month long but this isn't about Louis at the moment- this is about Harry and Monica and how despite not being in a official relationship, their honeymoon phase was sure to end some time soon.

After a fourth date, one that followed a romantic dinner (the third date), full of watching films and then lazying on the couch until they had to go pick up the five and six year old from school, the two families of two found themselves at the park - one that had a pond dead center so the kids could see, play with and feed the ducks. But this was no ordinary trip to the park, no, Harry wanted to have a picnic and with this blossoming relationship and his daughter's best friend it was no question whether to invite the Highlands.

"I want a ducky," Athena pipes up after finishing her peanut butter and jelly sandwich, she wipes her mouth with a napkin before brushing off the invisible crumbs off of her hands and lap. Being the complete opposite, Jake had jelly across his cheeks and adorned crumbs all over his new pair of jeans.

Now in all honesty, it was too cold to be outside having a picnic but the two pairs didn't mind one bit because they were with each other.

Harry looks over to his daughter with raised eyebrows. "I thought you wanted a bunny."

The blonde shakes her head, having difficulty folding her arms across her chest since Harry forced her into a thick coat. "I want a ducky and Jake wants a  doggy. We have to get both."

Monica and Harry glanced over at each other with amused looks in their eyes. And Monica couldn't help but have heart heart speed up at the mention on 'we' - such a simple word that could mean so much. She knew that if things worked out for the good, 'we' would be pretty fantastic.

"I'll get you the best duck and dog ever." Harry chuckles before reaching over to take some cookies out of the bin. Just the other day he and Jake had made them, it was pretty clear that this could would want to be a baker if he didn't end up being the next Hulk. They were homemade chocolate chip (Jake's choice) and gluten free (Harry's choice). And while the two guys made cookies, Monica and Athena were drawing with crayons in the living room.

"Daddy said he has a doggy - so now I can have two doggies!" Jake announces after accepting one of the cookies Harry offered the two children. 

"Really?" Monica questions, having the news of her ex having a dog startling her. Back when her and Matt together, they had discussed the matter of getting a dog but they've never gotten around to it. Not only that but their complex only allowed small dogs and they wanted a golden retriever husky mix. She wonders if that's the dog he got.

Jake nods before accepting the piece of cookie Athena offered him; he'd already finished his own. "Daddy said he always wanted a doggy."

"So did I." And though she murmured it to herself, Harry had heard it. He wondered what Monica was thinking, because frankly with that look in her eye, he didn't know if he liked it or not. He has a feeling that that look in her eyes was not just about this dog but it's about Matt. Blinking out of his thoughts, Harry shifts closer to Monica all while pushing his jealousy aside.

As if the action Harry made took her out of her thoughts, she turned toward him and gave him a smile. That just confirmed his suspicion that she was thinking about Matt. However, that thought whisks away the moment Monica leans over and pecks him on the lips the minute the two kids get distracted by a flock of birds in the sky. She then whispers, "Does this make it our fifth date?"