Chapter 1

– Athena & Harry –

Ever get that feeling where you were just unsure what you can do? Where you're so afraid to make a move because the outcome can be either something good or something bad – it's like being stranded in the middle of nowhere. You don't know whether you should go find civilization or stay with your car and wait for someone to pass by and help. Harry had this feeling multiple times.

It's been a total of four days since the trip to the cemetery, and during those days Harry had trouble getting to sleep every night. His mind was constantly working, thinking about Athena, thinking about Katelyn, thinking about Katelyn's death, thinking about how the bed seemed to get bigger and lonelier every day. He'd toss and turn in his bed, unable to get comfortable – he wanted something or really, someone to hold onto (he always had his best sleep when holding Katelyn).

Just down the hall, Athena listened to the creaks her father's bed made knowing fairly well that this happened every time they'd go visit her mum's grave. She knew he had a lot on his mind, she just didn't know what – but she could give a nice guess. Harry would be this way for at least a week, as in being an insomniac and after he'd given up on trying to fall asleep he'd look at Katelyn's pictures – that were tucked into his drawer beside his bed – or simply run his hand over the empty space beside him. Athena knew that he was feeling alone, it's easily detected.

Athena knew he wouldn't get rest so she did what she usually did on his restless nights; she climbed down from her bed and padded quietly to her father's room. The path was well-known that she didn't even have to have her eyes open in her half-asleep state.

   Pushing the door open, she revealed a dimly lit room – the only thing giving light was this small, antique lamp Harry had received as a wedding gift – that seemed smaller since she last entered. It was possibly because the room was messier than yesterday. Clothes were thrown on the floor and a couple books fell from their stacks in the corner, she was used to her father's messy room but it seemed worse today. He must have more on his mind than what she knew.

   "Daddy?" She faintly whispered to the almost six foot tall body lying on his stomach on the right side of the bed. She lightly rubbed her eyes with her fists, trying to get used to the dim lighting. When opening her eyes again, she noticed that Harry had sat up with tired eyes, his bare chest heaving up and down as he was startled that his little girl was up at this time.

   He couldn't help but curse at himself for not letting the blonde sleep because sleeping was an important for her and she needed a well rest. She had to get used to falling asleep at decent hours since she'll be starting primary school next month.

   "Come here, baby," he cooed after steadying his breathing. He immediately pushed all the thoughts about Katelyn and the empty spot beside him out of his head as he scooped Athena into his arms before setting her on his jogger clad lap. He pressed a soft kiss to her forehead before meeting her big, innocent eyes. "Did I wake you up, Cupcake?"

   Athena immediately shook her head; knowing her father would be upset with himself if he knew he had in fact woke her up. She quickly made up a lie, one that would make Harry scold her because she's 'too young to know how to lie'. "No, I couldn't sleep."

   "Nervous?" He grinned down at her, his fingers running up and down her soft skin. She meekly nodded, even though she wasn't nervous – she was excited to see the friends she'd made again. "Do you want to sleep here with me?"

   Because I need someone here beside me, he added in his head. Harry was simply tired at seeing the empty spot beside him and he wouldn't mind of his little princess slept there.

   Athena reminded Harry of Katelyn so much, not just because she's like an exact replica but because of their personalities. The only thing Athena had got from her father was his charm – though Harry would insist she got her humour from him – but Athena was also sweet, adventurous (as much as a five year old could be), sassy (most likely from Louis, her uncle), and various other things from either her mother, aunt or her uncle's (a.k.a. the other lads from One Direction).