Chapter 21

**Keep in mind, that these aren't their exact thoughts. It's me making their thoughts on everything more mature. So don't comment "they are too smart for five year olds" because I'm making their thoughts more complex for a better understanding for the readers. Not to mention that this is fiction and I could make them Einstein if I pleased. Sorry, it's just been frustrating me to read those comments. #NOH8 --Thanks for reading this.**

– Athena & Jake –

     There comes a moment of realization during the strangest times – you could remember the answers to a test hours after taking said test or you could remember the name of that song you had stuck in your head yesterday or you could even realize that you don't need anything you want because everything you have is enough. That could be family, friends, loved ones – anything that you don't need to buy with money. Jake notices this as he watched Athena look out the window, waiting for their parents' arrival.

     His focus had been on his father, and how Harry might replace him. It's that feeling of wanting something you can't have, so you settle for the next best thing. He knows that Matt won't come back, Monica had told him that he had left, and lately he hasn't been interested in having Harry replace Matt but seeing Athena so excited, he realized that it wouldn't be a bad thing if he did. He's seen how amazing Harry is and he is truly the next best thing.

      He appreciates everything he has.

     "I brought cookies for the two best children," Mrs. Tracy walks through the open door with a tray of plated cookies and small cups of milk. Athena and Jake sit on the floor, her slinky in Jake's hands and her turtle in her own, Athena's eyes move to the elder women. Jake just watches Athena smile, accept the cookies and tell Mrs. Tracy that she loves her. "What about you Jake, do you want some cookies?"

     Placing the slinky aside, he nods and accepts the chocolate chip cookie from her before shoving the cookie in his mouth. Mrs. Tracy laughs at the boy's now chocolate covered cheeks, she goes to wipe his cheeks but Athena takes the napkin and wipes Jake's face herself.

     He mumbles a 'thanks' through his mouthful of cookie.

     "And Harry thought I couldn't take care of you two," Mrs. Tracy scoffs to herself before walking out of the room with an empty tray. The milk and cookies was placed on Athena's plastic, Cinderella table.

     "Got milk?" Athena says to herself as she raises the small cup to her lips. She remembers seeing a poster of Uncle Liam with that question on it. (He did it to encourage Athena into drinking milk, because she wasn't much of a fan of the dairy product last year.) Jake sips his milk too before eating another cookie – Athena wipes his face again.

     The next few moments were filled with silence – just enjoying the cookies and milk and of course, Athena wiping her and Jake's mouth with the stack of napkins Mrs. Tracy had brought. It was barely nine, meaning the kids had another hour before having to be put to bed. So Athena introduced Jake into all her stuffed animals – which was a lot since when she was born, all the One Direction boys would get her stuffed animal souvenirs from wherever they went, even to this very day.

     About three minutes later, Athena insists on having a tea party before Mrs. Tracy comes back into the room and smiles at the two kids. "How about some movies?"

     "Hulk?" Jake looks up at her with wide eyes. Darla laughs and nods, lending her hands to both of the five year old to help them up.

     Athena frowns at Jake. "I want Ella!"

    "We can watch both The Hulk and Cinderella," she compromises, walking the kids down the stairs and into the media room. This was Athena's favourite room next to the piano room, because Harry would play and she liked when he played.