Chapter 7

– Athena & Harry –

   Selfless deeds. When people hear it, they think of someone being happy to do good for others. That he or she is being a 'good citizen' or 'good person' – someone that deserves a reward. And that's when it doesn't become a selfless deed. However, a selfless deed can be selfless depending on how the person reacts to the appreciation. Athena, she was doing a selfless deed, her father just hadn't noticed yet and it's a true selfless deed because she absolutely hates what she's doing.

   A week after the dinner at the Highland house, Harry had talked to Monica about dance lessons one morning in where Monica was – once again – late. That was also the day the two had swapped phone numbers, and though the reason was to settle a time, date and extra information for dance classes Athena believed that it was something more.

   It was a Friday afternoon, a few hours after school had let out. Harry and Athena were driving to the dance studio in which Monica owned, the name was "Dana's Dance" – Monica had told Harry that Dana was her mother and that she had always wanted to open a dance studio – much to Athena's confusion but she didn't dwell on it because she thought of other things. Things like her Father and Monica and how she can't wait for them to be together so Harry can be happy again.

   "So, are you excited for dance again, Cupcake?" Harry questioned, his fingers tapping the steering wheel as he took a quick glance to Athena in the back seat before looking back to the road and making a left.

   "Yeah," Athena said as happily as she could, looking out the window and watching the scenery blur by. She was dressed in calf length yoga pants and a loose shirt – Harry had noticed that she dressed like a teen already and she hasn't even reached double digits. Her hair was pulled into a single ponytail, one that Harry spent fifteen minutes perfecting.

   At her response, Harry grew curious. He wondered why she wasn't bouncing off the walls and telling him to drive faster because she had begged him to let her take these lessons. He also wondered if she was going through those phases of liking something one day and then hating it the next, but it's only been four days since her last lesson, she surely can't be tired of it already because just the other day she had told Monica that she was excited for her second lesson.

   The sound of One Direction slipped through the speakers – Harry had all the CDs and he knew Athena was a fan of their music plus, he really just loves to hear him and his bandmates again – up until Harry parked the car in the almost empty lot (only one other car was there and no doubt it was Monica's) and shut off the engine. Stepping out, he fixed the bandana on his head before placing his sunglasses on. He then shut his door and opened Athena's letting her undo her seatbelt before hopping off of the booster seat. He grasped her hand and walked toward the entrance, his teeth unintentionally sinking into his bottom lip.

.

   "Good, Athena. That's called a pirouette." Monica met Athena's eyes through the mirror, her hands rested on Athena's stomach and back since she had hovered her hands there just in case the girl fell.

   This was the second lesson Athena's been to and she officially confirmed that she hated dancing. She was and is as clumsy as her father – only she stumbled by tripping over her own feet and not just on a flat surface like Harry.

   Athena smiled at Monica before turning around and looking to Harry who stood on the other side of the window; his eyes were on Monica before drifting to Athena, giving her a dimpled grin. He loved watching his daughter dance – even if she's as clumsy as him – and he admits that he likes the interaction between Monica and Athena. It was something he'd use to see Katelyn do but with a much younger Athena. Katelyn used to always hold Athena by her stomach and back when Athena had just started to walk, laughing and calling to Harry who was either in the kitchen or in the loo to come and see their daughter walk.