Chapter 31

- Harry & Monica -

There is always a bright side to everything. Just like how there is a light at the end of every tunnel. One could be moving far from home to attend university, sure you could look at the facts that you'll leave everything you knew and everyone you knew behind but with that comes a new adventure. Or if you're going through a dark time right now, just know that someone is bound to help you out - or maybe you'll be your own saviour. Nothing bad ever lasts. Haven't you noticed that? Today, was a rather bittersweet day but Monica knew something better would come around.

It was the final day of January, meaning that Monica's two months to clear everything out of the studio was today. Today would be the last day she could call this place her own. Right after dropping both kids at school, Harry and Monica drove to the studio to pack and take home last minute things. They had until ten at night to have all things removed but Harry suggested that doing it right now would be better. (For the sake that the kids won't have to endure this but school instead.)

So here they were, in an almost barren studio placing various things into boxes before placing them near the entrance so it'd be easier to put them in Monica's car. Both adults were on opposite sides of the dance floor, Harry taking pictures down and smiling at them while Monica painted over the purple words "Dana's Dance" she and Matt had painted on the minute they bought the building. The wall was returning back to it's off-white colour.

"Are you going to keep everything?" Harry asks while peering over to Monica, fiddling with the picture in his hands that happened to be Monica with three girls. She always took pictures with her clients after they no longer needed her services.

Monica shrugs before dipping her brush into the paint only to return to the wall. "I might get a storage locker or something to put them in. Haven't got much room in the apartment."

Harry nods and purses his lips before placing the photo into the box where various other pictures lay. It made him curious, he wanted to know all of their stories. Tim and Mara's lessons were due to wanting to audition for a part in something and Athena's was a faze - he kind of wanted to know if the other people's were similar. The last picture on the wall was of Monica and Athena making Harry pause when he was about to place it in the box.

"I like this one," he announces a small smile pulling at his lips at how Monica's arms were wrapped around his little girl while Athena smiled brightly. He was the one who took the picture, and he remembers this day clearly.

It was after Harry cancelled Athena's lessons and before Monica and Harry almost kissed. Monica had left her mobile in the studio and they had all gone so she could retrieve it because they planned on going somewhere together. Whilst retrieving her mobile, Monica noticed the pictures on the wall and called to Athena saying they never got a picture together.

"Me too," Monica comments from his side. She had finished covering the cursive words when Harry had spoke. She had her hands placed on her hips as her arm brushed against Harry's. Her heart was already beating fast from being alone with him and feeling his warm, soft skin against her own was not helping the cause.

Harry brushes a finger across the picture before looking over to Monica whose eyes are looking at the nude walls, and empty shelves. "Despite you telling me that this is a huge weight off your shoulders, it's obvious you'll miss this place."

"Of course I will." She doesn't feel the need to hide her feelings anymore when she's with Harry. "There are so many memories here and it'll suck but..."

"But you can always keep those memories safe where they matter most." He presses a finger to her forehead and offers her a smile. She returns it slowly, her eyes meeting his in a meaningful stare. His finger falls from her head so his hand could land on her shoulder, fingers trailing on her neck. "Objects aren't meant for holding memories whether they're buildings, awards, places... photos. Minds are meant to do that because if you do so with objects you'll just be a hoarder." He tries to ease the tension. "The mind is a beautiful thing."