Chapter 8

– Jake & Monica –

   Do you know that moment when you think everything is great and then in the next second, your whole happy demeanor is crushed? Just one simple thing ruined the day you thought that would've been good – a day that'd you'd want to write in your diary and read it ten years from now and remember how great that day was but that one thing just took that away. That's how Monica felt when Harry left her on the floor of her dance studio.

   She didn't know what happened, and she wishes he could've told her, because it happened so quickly. One moment they were teasing each other, the next he's rushing out the door with no glance back. It confused her so much, not only that but it did kind of hurt her in the slightest – she just wouldn't admit that to her questioning five-year-old.

   It's been two days since then. Meaning it was now Monday, which called for a quick drop off so she could head back to the studio to teach this couple to dance – an overly eager, 'do-everything-together' type couple that she wasn't too fond of because their PDA literally has no boundaries. She had no contact with Harry at all this weekend, apart from the cute apology he had texted her about not saying goodbye but that still didn't make her feel less hurt.

   "Are you going in and say hi to Harry?" Jake questioned as Monica hastily walked him into the school, her hand griping his in a tender, Motherly way. He looked up at her with his big brown eyes, knowing that she was craving to talk to him again.

   Because, Monica, in fact loved talking to Harry not because he used to be part of her favourite boyband but because he was just those types of people that you could spill your whole life to and they'll just sit there, listening to everything you say. Not to mention that when he'd reminisce of his past career there was this nostalgic smile on his lips and a soft twinkle in his eyes – Monica believes he looks the most beautiful when that happens.

  "He might not be here yet, fire ball, for once we're actually early," Monica said not knowing whether or not she wanted her sentence to be true or not. Even if he apologized, she knew it'd be awkward to start a conversation because she'll be walking around egg shells, not wanting to set him off again (not that she knew how to do that). But then again, she wanted to see him again and talk because two days with someone whom she doesn't have to Mother is quite great.

   Jake frowned at that but didn't say anything else. He just turned his gaze to the floor beneath his feet and sighed. He wanted to see Harry.

   "Hi, Jake!" A familiar blonde skipped to where the Highlands stood, a smile forming on her face when meeting Monica's eyes. Monica smiled too, looking at her hair which wasn't pulled up but was cascading slightly past her shoulders in soft waves. She figured that the girl was tired of pigtails. "Monica, I told my Daddy not to do my hair because I wanted you to do it! Can you?" Oh.

   At that moment, Harry walked into Monica's line of vision. When meeting his eyes, he raised his hand in a slight wave but didn't return the small smile she sent him. Monica quickly looked away and down to Athena, bending down to be eye-level with her.

   "Of course, girly." Monica followed Athena to the group of small, kid sized chairs and sat down, accepting the hair tie the blonde handed her.

   "Are you gonna work?" Athena asked after looking at Monica's attire which consisted of yoga pants and a loose shirt that hung off her left shoulder. Monica nodded and raked her fingers through her hair before looking up to see Harry squatting in front of Jake with a giant grin, dimples prominent. "Can you do the bun thing?"

   "Of course, Princess."

   Monica noticed a small smile tugging at Athena's lips. "That's what my Daddy calls me."