Chapter 30

- Athena & Harry -

There is a moment in everyone's life where they just feel like they're floating on Cloud 9. That when they look up at the sky there is no sign of a storm coming their way. Maybe they're blindsided and something huge is coming or maybe it's just a good day - it's kind of hard to tell when the good is so great that it puts you in a good state of mind and everything else seems irrelevant. Athena and Harry certainly felt this Cloud 9 moment, and from where they stood, there was no gray cloud in sight.

Christmas and New Years breeze by bringing the two into January. But not any ordinary day in January. No, today was Athena's birthday. And what did she want? Well, it involved wanting to spend the day with her father and the Highlands and agreeing with her best friend's begging to go to McDonald's as a birthday dinner. Monica was about to object before Harry reminded her that it was his daughter's sixth birthday - she may get what she pleases. Tomorrow would be her birthday party.

"Jake made her though," Monica says from the passenger seat with a pout. She was honestly not a fan of how many calories McDonald's was shoving down kids' throats. (Okay, maybe they weren't forcing it down childrens' throats but they weren't really trying to stop it either.)

"Nu-uh!" Jake pipes from the back seat making Harry smile and shakes his head in amusement.

It was already noon on this surprisingly sunny, yet still cold, day in London. And just a few hours prior to picking up Athena's best friend and Monica, Harry had visited the cemetery where his late wife's tombstone laid. He informed Katelyn how much Athena was growing to be more like her and what has been going on since his last visit. He even found himself talking about Monica and how they've kissed a few times. He then told her about how Athena is so much like her Uncle Louis that it's quite overwhelming with their Cupid ways. When the clock hits ten in the morning, Harry gives a goodbye by pressing his lips to the stone (ignoring that a bird may have pooped there) and whispers "I love you so much" before making his way back home to wake his daughter up with a birthday breakfast (Cheerios).

"I older than you now," Athena says to Jake once he wins the 'nu-uh--ya-ha' battle with his mother. She plays with her blonde hair when he looks over to her, eyes narrowed when he realizes that his friend is indeed five months older than him.

"Well I'm older than all three of you," Harry pipes from the driver's seat with a smug grin. All three roll their eyes at him.

When they arrive to the McDonald's building and start walking in, Athena is still teasing Jake and Monica is grumbling under her breath. Harry chuckles before slinging an arm around her shoulder. "You know you secretly love all that McDonald's has to offer."

"Not one bit," she mutters once they step into the building. Both kids dart for the play place after saying they both want a kids meal leaving Harry to order and Monica to pick out a place to sit. He watches her pick a booth before walking up to the register a friendly smile forming on his face as he politely asks for his order - of course involving many please and thank you's.

Harry waits by the counter until his order is called and then marches his way to the booth that Monica had picked out. It was a booth next to the window with a good view of the play place. Without having to call them, the two five year olds come running towards the table in excitement over their kids meal. Jake attempts to get Monica and Harry sitting on the same side of the booth but fails when Monica shakes her head and takes the window seat in front of Harry.

"So what would you like to do after this, cupcake?" Harry looks to his left to watch as his little girl sits on her knees so she can hover over her food that's set on the table. She is currently dunking a chip into her ketchup.