Chapter 19

- Athena & Harry -

Being nervous is something normal - everyone feels nervous sometimes. For instance, some get nervous when talking in front of a large group of people, some get nervous around their crush, when there is a test or quiz in school, and possibly a person would be nervous when they finally listen to their friends and ask the person they fancy out to have a date/be their boyfriend and or girlfriend. Now, Harry was not asking Monica to be his girlfriend but after his mates had shunned him (not actually, they in fact bugged him more) when he had chickened out the first time - which was yesterday, which involved the talk of her studio being foreclosed. It wasn't the right time, he believed.

But today seemed liked the right time.

It was Saturday, and Athena had been chanting, ever since she woke up which was around ten in the morning, that she wanted to have a day with Monica and Jake - Harry included as well, of course. Harry was a tad hesitant at first but soon enough he got a call from Niall. Niall had told Harry that he found out about his backing out of asking Monica on a date (heard from Liam - Harry needs to learn that he should just tell Louis and Zayn these things because they aren't gossip girls) and encouraged Harry to see her again. He agreed to Athena's chants right after the call.

"I'm cold!" Is what Jake shouts the minute Harry opens the door just before he runs in. Harry chuckles before meeting Monica's eyes, she smiles at him before entering the warm house. Once Harry agreed to Athena's wants, he called Monica and invited her and Jake over to spend this cold November day together.

"So, is there a special occasion or?" Monica questions while shrugging off her coat. She then helps Jake out of his, and once she does he quickly scurries up the stairs yelling "I love stairs". Harry takes the coats from her hand, his fingers brushed her cold skin making her blush, and places them into the coat closet.

"Athena just wanted you two to come over," he tells her with a shrug before looking over to her with wide eyes. "Not that I don't want you two to be over as well but like, she kept asking and I eventually had said that - "

Monica laughs, and places her hand over his mouth. He shuts up. "You're cute when you ramble." She blinks and quickly snatches her hand away. "I-I mean, I guess you're cute when you ramble. Not like that though because um, I - "

Harry laughs and leads her to the kitchen. "I think we're both cute when we ramble."

Every ounce of nervousness that was there before was completely gone. It was easygoing with Monica, and he liked that. He liked how everything else seems to disperse when Monica was around, it made him feel something he hasn't in a while - something he hasn't felt since Katelyn. A feeling he'd only get around someone that he fancied, and though his crush on Monica wasn't anything monstrous, it was still something.

"Wow, conceited much?" Monica teases as she accepts the cuppa Harry had just offered her.

"Kind of hard not to be since I'm every girl's dream." Harry flips his hair jokingly before walking into the living room, Monica following after him laughing. Harry smiles as she takes a seat beside him on the sofa. "And you can't disagree because I know that I was your favourite when One Direction was still a thing."

"Okay, I've been caught." She places her tea on the coffee table after taking a sip. She then slaps his arm playfully. "Doesn't mean you can say it though, it makes you sound so arrogant."

"I just wanted to hear your beautiful laugh," Harry replies honestly.

Monica is quiet and that is when Harry decides that it's the right time to ask her. He fancies Monica, this is a good decision. He will ask her out, in hopes of getting a yes, and he'll be okay. This isn't something to be afraid of. He's done it before, it shouldn't be hard. Here he goes.