Chapter 4

– Harry & Liam –

   Friendship – it's one of the most wonderful things in this world. The thing that could last a life time or maybe not, but it's a chance most are willing to take because just having someone there for you twenty-four seven is simply a great feeling. To know that you a have a friend that would go to ends of the earth for you – Harry has four friends like this.

   Though today, he's only meeting up with one of them. Liam Payne, old band mate but still best mate.

   The two sat on a brown sofa, sipping on a couple of beers and ever-so-often glancing at the television that was sat in front of them on mute. Usually, when seeing such actions some would assume the aura to be awkward or uncomfortable but neither lad felt that way.

   Harry had been here for just over fifteen minutes, his mind was racing from subject to subject whilst Liam thought about what was going through Harry's mind. Because he's known the lad for so many years and he knows when Harry goes off on his famous 'thinking mode' about any little thing – that mode always worried Liam.

   "It's just that I really have no inspiration at the moment," Liam broke the silence, picking up the conversation from where they had left off. He had asked Harry if he had any idea for a new song and before he knew it, Harry was back in his thoughts.

   Most people had thought that after One Direction ended that Harry would be the one go off in a solo career and pull a Justin Timberlake but he didn't. He knew that he wanted to settle down with Katelyn and just try and have a normal relationship with her – he wanted no hate to come her way and wanted her to always be by his side. So it was quite a shock to the fans that Harry hadn't taken the solo career, but Liam had. He just loved the rush of performing so much and yeah, he misses performing with the boys but the others didn't want to continue on and Liam did.

   So now, here they were; Liam asking Harry for inspiration and help for his next single.

   Liam Payne had lost inspiration ever since he's broken up with his girlfriend, Jaime. They had broken up over the fact that Liam was always busy with work and she had said that a relationship takes effort from both sides. But that was months ago and yet, Liam still found himself in a rut which is why he had called Harry this morning for some help.

   Seeing that Harry was still in his thoughts, Liam sighed and placed his bottle onto the coffee table. "So what's been going on? Last time I saw you was when Athena turned five, how is she?" That was months ago.

   "She's good." Harry nodded, placing the bottle down as well. "I just dropped her off at school and met her little friend named Jake..."

   By how he trailed off, Liam knew that there was something else. Pursing his lips, he glanced around his messy living room seeing all the crumpled pieces of paper from failed attempts at writing and his guitar leaning against the recliner. He wished that he could read minds; because once he glanced back over to Harry he saw a little sparkle in his eyes, one he hasn't seen since Katelyn had passed.

   "How are you holding up?" Liam asked timidly, his gaze falling onto the sofa they sat on.

   Harry took in a sharp breath before finally looking over to Liam. He knew that Liam was one of those helpful types, and just wanted him to let out his feelings but he just couldn't. He could never really talk about Katelyn all too well and he hated to talk about how he felt about her passing even more. It just made his emotions from the one awful night to surface again.

  "'m fine," he responded gruffly as his eyes darted back to his lap. He honestly didn't know why Liam had called him of all people because to write a song you need to show feelings, you have to feel it pouring out and Harry isn't too keen on sharing his feelings at the moment. He could've called Niall – God knows the Irish lad would go out of his way to help any of his former band mates – or Louis or Zayn – people that didn't mind talking about their feelings but of course, he was the chosen one. Maybe it was because he was located closer to Liam than any of the others.