Chapter 19

I marched inside the classroom assigned to me together with other first-years who were chosen to be an elementalist after the assembly was dismissed. The awakening ceremony had permuted into a din uproar and since then, whispers followed me everywhere.

"Look there, the black-haired. Can you see her face?"

"She has full soul power? Her eyes look so scary."

"She will grow up to be a monster."

"Why do we need to study with her?"

Great! Just great! They are demarcating me as a villain, already. This is obnoxious. We didn't even start with our classes yet and they are still going on with their theories. Do others treat people who own colossal soul power as leviathans? By the looks of it, such power is extraordinary.

Sandy Hue beckoned me and giving her a sluggish smile, I flounced to the back of the classroom and sat down on the empty desk beside her.

"So, you really have a full spirit core?", she said with perfect casualness.

"No, I was lying through my teeth.", I spat.

She blinked, digesting my sarcastic reply. "I am sorry! I didn't intend to offend you."

"Then what?", I snickered.

"I...I am sorry. I just wanted to conf—"

"Confirm it?" I dumped few books on the desk, loudly. "Didn't you hear the Spirit Grandmaster and the headmaster?"

"I sincerely apologize. I didn't mean to hurt you." Her gaze was steadfast.

I let out a long deep breath and said, "It's fine. Forget it."

Taking it as approbation of her apology, she beamed brightly. She let out small yelps of joy and gratitude. "Are we friends now?"

"No."

In blink of an eye, she appeared vacant and crestfallen as I refused her without a second thought. The disappointment in her eye was even more evident.

"F-fine.", she said as if she had lost her heart.

I sought for Ivan. She was sitting with a boy with carefully styled messy hair in the first row. That boy was Carter Lomov. I need to separate them as soon as possible, but how will I do that? Carter, Ivan and Lydia were best friends. Lydia and Ivan often fought during their phrontistery days and it was Carter who would stop them from stoushing. Carter had a close relationship with both of them for a long time, but he was prejudiced and had a bad impression on Lydia as she turned adagio into a villainess. Ivan was complete opposite of Lydia, making him fall in love with her.

Now, the Lomov family serves as the head of the supreme court. The Lomovs are foreigner, but has a great background if you want to make connections, but Ethan's father, Duke Norman disagreed on supreme court rulings. Moreover, a foreigner presiding over a high rank in another empire is unacceptable. Therefore, Ethan and Carter's swords often clashed. In the end, Carter was just a fodder for their love.

How will I contact this guy if he keeps sticking to Ivan like that? I want to change his fate!

A female teacher with a very stern look walked inside the classroom and straightened. "I am Professor Zanny de Monte. I will be teaching you basic art of controlling your elemental power."

My first impression on her was that she was not someone to mess with.

"Your elemental power define the type of magic user you are. I am positive that all of you know there are four elements- fire, water, wind and earth. Whereas your soul power is different. Vast amount of people do not have spirit power at the time of spirit awakening. If you are an elementalist, your soul power will develop over time.", she paused. "The strength of your spirit core depends on flexibility of your soul. If you have strong determination, a tough soul which cannot be vanquished by darkness then you will have a great amount of soul power." Everyone's eyes darted towards me as if I would never be afraid of enemies and rage a bloodbath at any moment without worrying about being defeated.