Chapter 14

"Let go!"

"Shut up for gods-sake now." Reiner hobbled inside, this time through the main door, dragging in a maid and threw her in front of me. "First, I decided to interrogate all the servants in the estate to find the wrong'un. But I found her chattering proudly about how she burnt your cupboard."

"Is it?....aren't you too thrilled with your performance?" I was in a daunting pose, with my arms folded over my chest.

"Yes, so what?" The brown-haired maid stood up properly buffing her wrists which Reiner had yanked her in with force. Her tune was filled with pride, her round profile had patches of freckles, proud nose and a smirk.

I kicked her knee.

"AUUUCK."

I stowed my hands on her shoulders forcing her to kneel on her cerise knees.

"You BRAT!"

"Hey,hey? I have got a name okay? It's Lydia." I said, cheerfully. Please play the boss music in your mind.

"Whatever..." she said, plainly.

"Please...repeat my name." I made a friendly, harmless approach.

"Why should I? You are just some litter from the rookery, even worse than the slaves here in this mansion...Why should we salute you as 'My lady'. "

"Is it?" I stomped on her upper thigh as her arms fell on the tile, making her kneel harder. " I don't mind repeating...My name is Lydia. Would you repeat too?"

She remained quiet, her arms were failing in strength as well. She quivered in fright, facing the ground. I guess, every cell in her probe must have surged the red code, screeching at her to run away. 

As if I have ever let my prey run away. At the moment she is the prisoner in my jail.

I pulled her chin up and creased her cheeks, "Are you a mute character by default? Ooops~ weren't you enunciating passably few seconds ago. Or was I mistaken?"

"L..Ly..Lydia."

"Be careful when you say my name."

"Lydia!", she lurched when my nails started digging her skin.

"And what's your name?"

"El...Elle"

"El-Elle??"

"No! Just Elle.", Elle raised her voice.

"Heh?" I am offended. Yes, I am offended by her rant. I poked my index finger on her forehead making her shiver from top to bottom. "Now, tell me why did you burn my fancy dresses...it took me hours to choose them."

"I wont te fwfhagu---"

She tried to speak, but my finger which was pressing her head, shoved into her dry mouth.

Reiner, who was the only person standing by, jumped in shock. He was already bombshelled by my actions and was stupor.

Even if this maid, Elle doesn't tell me...I definitely know it was Rose. I can't provoke her now, but I can play with her maid. "Shut down...I just wanted to be friends~"

"Fwvel nwe quo..." 

[Let me go]

I laughed barbically at her immobility, how she made attempts to speak, but couldn't.

"Kulegse vfeg fuuu"

[Please, beg you]

"I can't understand what you are saying~" I am loving this plaything. Obviously, you won't be able to speak if I hold your tongue!~

"Vwrose, vwrose..."

[Rose, Rose]

"I want to cut this off." I pinched her tongue which was hanging from her mouth and was now getting slightly wet. "Should I do it with scissors? Knife? Which one? Or a sword? Reiner, can you lend me your sword?"

"Ye-yes?" Reiner who was traumatised along with Elle, made an impediment speech. "You can't cut someone's tongue off without an authorisation or stating their crime."

"No need. I can do it on my own." My nails cut into the bed of her tongue while my eyes glowed evilly.

"PHorvive mne."

[Forgive me]

Elle tried to resist with everything she could muster.

"You didn't say my name when I asked you to. I thought you were a silent girl, but in reality you aren't. I hate making mistakes you know, so I will turn you into a dumb!~"

"Vcroyy, frsoyy."

[Sorry, sorry]

"Ah~ Alright!" I let go of her tongue. "It was a big joke, what would I do with your tongue? I will cut the crap, I just want to be your friend!"

"A joke?" She coughed like a crazy sick person and panted like a dog at the same time.

"Yes, will you be my friend?" I asked enthusiastically.

"I...I...huff...I"

"Okay...okay..slow...you don't look good." I wiped my hand clean with a handkerchief. "I don't want my precious pal to look so sick."

"I...I.." Elle was scared...scared at the maximum level.

" We will talk about our friendship later. Pay my regards to Rose~" I smiled like a child in front of her who had just been treated with lollipops.

"I..." She slowly climbed up on her bruised knees, but trembled like a crippled human.

"It's alright, I swear I won't do anything. You can go now."

She took a while to get back to her senses.

"And remember, DON'T you JUDGE a person based on her STATUS. You can't read a book by staring at it's cover."

"Nowadays kids are so unruly." Elle mumbled as she crossed the threshold.

"WHAT THE FUCK! Who are you calling a KID, I--" I was about to chase her, but Reiner caught me. He almost believed that I would kill that idiot of a maid.

"Calm down, now you---"

"Who is she calling a kid?! You are a teen here! Fuck that damn---"

"Ahem..." Reiner coughed to interrupt. "Your mouth is raining expletives..."

I switched my evil grin to a normal one, my cheeks flushed in embarrassment. "I am sorry..."

"Cough. Cough. You shouldn't swear as long as you are in noble family...Nobles are bound to have a reserved personality...Cough...When did you eh...learn..." Reiner's face was still pale white like his hair...all along he was thinking whether he should stay or run away.

And what does he mean by 'learn'? Learn swearing? I learnt swearing in womb. 

And that maid Elle, she is a coward. If she wished she could put up a fight, en-strangle me to death...If I was in her place, I would have choked my opponent albeit being a maid and powerless. Moreover she looked 17...It was an easy brawl for her to be in the win.

"I am sorry...Extremely sorry." I need to convince him that I am not the bad one. "I was too fired up."

Reiner let out a heavy breath after scanning me for a while. "That scary face, looked like an illusion."

"It's unfortunate that you had to see me like that." I brought up a worried attire.

"Do you have some kind of split personality? I almost believed that it was a different person."

"Split personality? No, we both are the same. My emotions are a part of me."

"..."

"My expressions depend on the person in front of me. I will treat them, the way the treat me. She directly called me an abandoned chic from a 'rookery'...So, she deserved it."

"I see." Reiner gave me a charismatic and understanding smile.

I am glad that he trusts me.