Chapter 11

But why would I give up so easily?

How will I escape this? In this thirty degree heat I am actually shaking as though it's a paramount cold day. The unfettered light illuminated the scorched ground and smell of burning lingered.

"I...I can't...b-breathe.", I dropped on the ground and tightened my fists. I was covered in soot and dust.

"Heh? I asked you to beg me." A sharp bark of laughter escaped Rose's lips.

My hands flew up to my throat in-sentiently. I half coughed and half choked, "Never...never...in my life."

"You are so stubborn~, I like it!" Rose said exuberantly in a melodious tone.

I was helplessly lying on the flooring. I did make slight attempts of crawling up, but my legs were too tired to succour me. I watched the fire dancing in front of me, surrounding and detaining me without giving any prospect of breaking free from this fire cage. The monstrous flames would engulf me contemporaneously. I rubbed my soot-black face, closed my eyes and coughed. I couldn't breathe. "Just hang in there Natasha...I will think of something", I repeated in my mind.

"Noona!"

"Ethan?!" Rose pivoted her neck in utter astonishment. "W-what the....w-w-what are you d-doing here?"

Ethan who had just barged in the room, stuttered in front of his sister with shocked eyeballs, "Sis, what are you doing?"

"This...That kid disgraced me and slandered the Norman family and she deserves this!" Rose howled and pointed towards me.

"Who disgraced whom? YOU were the one who smeared MY family!" I retorted.

"Look at her..." Rose put her hands on her hips. "She is still going on...Just beg for your forgiveness."

Ethan clenched his knuckled and his eyebrows knotted into an angry frown. Is he expecting me to say 'sorry'?

"Why did you bring such a low-born girl in our house?" Rose asked Ethan with a pitiable look on her face.

Ethan glanced at me and said, "Sis, let her go. You will be charged for treason if this news spreads that you are using magic against an underaged. Leave her..."

Wow! Here he comes to play hero.

"I DON'T NEED YOUR HELP!" I screamed at the top of my voice directing it at Ethan. Who needs his aid?

'How dare you shout at my brother! Ethan, you still want to save this bitch?!" Rose raised her hands to attack me with her spells, but Ethan blocked her.

"Noona, don't do it. It is really going to be troublesome. Father will be disappointed."

"Tch." Rose drew back the fire with her hands and absorbing it in her mana reconsidering Ethan's words. "Let's leave brother." She held his hand and proceeded to head outside.

I darted towards one of her subordinates, dragged out a sword from his scabbard. He tried to chase me, but I was fast and went ahead to use it to stab Rose's back.

She turned back to face me, stretched her palm and snapped her finger. The Sword blade shredded into pieces as if it was made of paper. The only thing I was holding in my fist was the hilt.

BANG!

I banged against the wall. Rose had used a reflecting spell on me. 

I slid down the wall and sat on the spot with folded knees. It hurts...It's painful. I was thrown at the wall with extreme vigour. I touched the back of my head and felt something warm...