Chapter 23

*Ethan Norman (POV)*

It was a large tulip garden. The garden was covered with numerous colourful tulips and amongst the flower there was a girl wearing sleeveless blue dress with butterfly frills and her long black hair was braided. Her emerald eyes were gleaming with joy and she was plucking the tulips with care, humming a tune.

The scene was so captivating...

"Ethan?" Lydia called out, her face shelling a charming smile. It seemed the bright world around her paled instantly behind the 20 year old girl's youthful smile.

My heart skipped a beat.

"Lyly, you came?", Ethan asked her with a rigid face, not returning her charming smile.

That's me? I look much older.

"Brother...I love you so much!" Lydia twitched her lips shyly and blushed.

What 'brother'? Who is your brother?! It sounds so wrong.

"What are you doing here? And stop calling me in that way!", Ethan said, raising his voice.

"Eth look! I am collecting tulips for you, aren't they your favourite flower?", she said, blushing red till the tip of her ears.

Her eyes were lively and unblemished, so crisp, that they sparkled like stars. Unlike her usual ones which were devious like a fox's.

Ethan remained silent. Lydia was preparing a bouquet of tulip and happily smiling in between. "Eth, I want to give you tulips like this for rest of my life."

"And I don't want that!", Ethan shouted. "Leave!"

"Eth?" Lydia looked at him with starry eyes, handing him the flowers.

Ethan threw the bouquet and trampled on the flowers. "You are a burden."

"Huh?"

"You are the burden of my life! I already have someone in my heart." Ethan said, harshly.

She couldn't believe her ears, her voice became shaky. "I-I a-am a b-burden?"

"I regret meeting you.", he replied, coldly.

What?! What am I even saying?

"Lyly, what are you doing here?" A girl entered the garden with a placid smile and intertwined her arms with Ethan.

"Ivy?" Ethan had reserved his smile only for this girl.

"Yes, Ethan! I missed you!", Ivan said and then glanced at Lydia's teary face. "Lyly, he is my fiance. I am sorry."

"Ivy...how could you! You knew that I like him!" Lydia wailed, disdain was clearly visible in her watery eyes.

"Enough." Ethan said with his usual cold voice. "Stop causing trouble for Ivan."

"You... you dare Ivan!"

Ivan crunched behind Ethan like a scared cat. "Lyly..."

"I love you, Ivan." Ethan took Ivan's hand and walked out of the garden, hugging her.

"Eth! Ethan!" Lydia called him several times, but he didn't look back. She fell on the ground, near the trampled tulips and started weeping. "Ethan! Don't abandoned me please! You were the only one beside me...Don't leave..." Her voice was drained by her sobs.

Lydia! Don't cry. Something is wrong here, I don't even like that girl! My heart twitched, invisibly shattering into million pieces watching the girl cry, her face soaked with tears. No...don't...don't cry.