Chapter 25

*Timeskip*

I culled out a stunning black evening gown from Sandy's closet.

"Lyly, you can't wear that.", Sandy said after I finished adjusting it's bodice, facilely along my chest.

"Why can't I?", I pouted and took it off. I can't complain when I am the one borrowing her dress. I can't possibly wear something ordinary at the Annual Ball, can I? I hadn't brought any ball gowns or party dresses from the Archduke's mansion along with me because I thought it wasn't necessary, but I am at a serious dilemma at the moment.

"It's too gothic! We are going to attend our Annual Ball...not Allhallows Eve! You are planning to summon ghosts wearing something spooky as that or what?" She slung a lilac dress at me, the fabric of the bodice was stitched with white flowers, the white flecks on violet seemed to undulate their own violation, it had light brown spaghetti straps, gypsy cut and A-line design with golden bordering.

"That's true.", I said, half-chuckling at my previous choice. People would definitely regard me as a fucking creep.

A few months ago, Sandy came up plaguing me with orchestrating a birthday celebration for me. Obviously, I didn't have the host's past memories nor did I know original Lydia's birth date. Neither could I give an plausible excuse to her battering keenness. So, I ended up giving out my antecedent parturition date, but I requested her to keep it a secret as I hated parties anyway, "Come on, admit it, everyone hates parties." Parties are essential dramatic tools in fiction.

Sandy didn't say anything, but nodded in agreement that she would keep my birth date a secret.

Later she asked me what like liked and I answered her, "Chocolate and daisies."

To my surprise she really did present me with a daisy flower crown on my birthday and even baked a chocolate cupcake herself. The delicate looking white flowers shone under the sun while dew drops shimmered on it; moving my heart. Being someone who had never celebrated her birthday before, I was overwhelmed by her touching tokens. I felt really grateful and was recipient of her benignity which melted my kernel. How long can I push this girl away if she approaches me with such tenderness?

 How long can I push this girl away if she approaches me with such tenderness?

*At the ballroom*

"Congrats Costanza, you are slotted into the A-class."

"Oh my! You are among the top 5 students in A-class of Second Year."

"Yeah! She ranked fourth. Pretty impressive huh."

"We will be parting ways, I am in B-class." *sad* [You should have studied hard XD]

"Still better, I sucked in the tests and got shoved into D-class." *extremely agonised*

Though, I was being congratulated, I wasn't happy at all. The first place was bagged by Ivan Mcmillion and she had A grades in all subjects. Don't ask me cause I failed my Political Science paper. Tsk. My mood is all grumpy.