Chapter 5

*Ethan Norman POV*

"So, what are we going to do here today?"

"Hmm...what would you like to do?" I pulled the hood to cover my face. It would be bad if someone recognises me cause I easily attract crowd due to my given background as Grand Duke's only son. Though Lydia was wearing a commoners dress with leather shoes, she looked graceful in it. She is like a moon child...even if you give her tattered clothes, she will outshine in it.

"There is nothing in particular that I would like to do."

"Anything you want to buy?" She had been staring at me the entire time. When we were riding the carriage she said nothing, but stared at my face. She is still staring at me. Glaring in fact. I avoided an eye contact with her till now cause her gaze was making me uncomfortable. It is as if she wants to question my actions. As if she is trying to read me like an open book. I snapped my head in her direction and locked my eyes with her which were giving me that piercing gawk. "Can you please stop staring at me like that?"

"Oh!" Lydia gasped. "Can I just buy anything? I am not in need for goods right now. I mean, my maids have already bought dozen of fancy gowns and jewels for me. They are enough, more than enough."

"Just pick up anything if you feel like." I insisted.

"Okay." She looked here are there. I guess she was looking at the bakery. So, she likes cakes? But her gaze kept fluctuating. Why is she behaving like she has never been here before?

"Hey, haven't you been here before?" I asked her.

"Have I?"

"yes, of course...In fact we met here for the first time. Don't you remember?"

She panicked. "Oh, ye-yes." She rubbed her forehead. "I like that necklace." She suddenly pointed at the jewellery shop.

I understood that it was actually her effort to change the topic. I studied the visible frustration on her face. She doesn't remember me from that time? She never even once had taken a look at the jewellers prior to and randomly pointed at a neck piece. It's better if I don't put her in a tight spot. " Okay, I will get it for you."

Lydia entered the store first. The old man there greeted us. "What will you like to see today young lad and young miss?"

"Can you get that necklace she was admiring on the display window?" I said.

"Wait a minute young sir." The old man left to fetch the neck piece.

"Anything else you would want to buy?"

Lydia shook her head. "No, I am good."

"You can take a look at the items as long as you are here." I suggested

"Really?"

"Yup."

She left and wandered around the glass closets displaying fabulous and expensive jewelleries. Actually, the jewelleries were pretty cheap in my point of view, but to a normal man, it would be worth his month's salary. I looked at her expression when she paused at a counter. She touched the glass case gently and I could easily figure it out that she had taken a liking to those sets. I went over to her. "Pack these stuffs too." I ordered the sales man.

"What?!" she raised her voice. "I don't need so many."

"Shut up or else I will pack the entire store for you."

"Heh? Want kind of threat is this?"

"Don't say 'no'. I hate being refused." I hate being refused by you...