Chapter 8

"It's refreshing" I relaxed in my bath. "Today is going to be a splendid day, the weather is good, no crap things on my schedule, I can spend some time in the kitchen..." I want to sound enthusiastic. "Ethan has moved in his school dorms a week ago, no one has troubled me except for Courtney Simson who pressured me with manner classes for six hours and I don't know why. [Ethan is behind this XD]" I wiped myself with a towel and wore a bathrobe.

"Ethan doesn't like me at all, he returned the ring back to me. Anyways, it's alright as long as he doesn't throw it away. I guess he loathes me. I mustn't appear in his sight without any necessary reasons or else it will be calling trouble for myself. Literally, I will be walking myself into the lion's den." I ruminated as I dried my hair.

I got out of the bathroom and my eyes started searching for a dress that I was supposed to wear. "Holy fuck! What are my maids doing? They haven't prepared a dress for me yet. Anne are you outside?! Come in!"

I heard my bedroom door being slammed with force and I expected it to be Anne, but I couldn't believe my eyes.

"Kyaaa!---" I screamed as if I had just seen a ghost.

"HAVE MERCY ON MY EARS!" Ethan roared with an icy face.

"Weren't you at school boarding?!" I expected him to avert his eyes like a normal person would, but he was still staring at me.

"I returned yesterday. The dorms are getting nonchalant."

"How come my maids let you in? Aren't you ashamed to enter a girl's bedroom without even letting her know beforehand?!" My arms flew across my chest. I completely forgot that after re-incarnating, I am still a 11 year old kid and yet crassly flat chested.

"Do you think your maids have the audacity to stop me? Do you think I need your permission? And you are already wearing a bathrobe, why are you being shy---"

"Are you treating me like a three year old!?" Just give me a knife and I will stab him or better rip his eyes and make him blind for rest of his life.

"Why are you wailing like a dying cat?"

"You pervert! You are in my room without my consent, just get your ass out of here ASAP!"

"Oh right! Take this." He tossed a jar at me. I hadn't noticed it earlier that he was holding it as I was too focused on his expressions to write down a thesis.

"Huh? What's this?"

"Chocolates. You were ogling at them when we visited the city together. I thought you might like it."

Chocolates! So, I was right when I said that he was trying to find my weak spots. I LOVE sweet things. Especially chocolates. I can't resist myself when it comes to chocolates. Was I too obvious when I was looking at the bakery store last time? No I can't let him trade chocolates for something in future. Why am I behaving like a kid?

"Ahem, thanks." I said blasély

"I am staying here for a while." He sat down on my bed.

"What?! At least let me get CHANGED!"

"It's been a while since I have been inside a girl's quarter."

"Is it your hobby to barge in a GIRL'S room?"

"No, only my sister's."

"I am not your SISter. I—"

"I know that! You have decided to murder my ears, don't you? Just let me sit here for a while."

It was then I saw glint loneliness in his eyes. Pure solitude. I felt remoteness, he was alone...not physically, rather it was his state of soul and emotions. It's not like he isn't surrounded by people, but thoughts that tug at his heart. He dislikes nobles, especially corrupted ones. That's why he picked Ivan as his fiancé in the novel. She is just a baron's daughter, honest, pure, but still kinda poor.