Chapter 4

"Eh?...Ethan...?" I yawned and stretched my hands over my head. "Was somebody here?" I thought I sensed someone's presence right beside me. Was I mistaken? The sun had sank beneath the horizon, and threads of light lingered in the sky, mingling with the rolling clouds, dyeing the heavens first orange, then red, then dark blue, until all that was left of the sunset was a chalky mauve. The curtains were blowing against the window.

"It's cold." I shivered. "It's better if I head back." I picked up some books from the shelf and set off towards West Wing. "In the original story Ethan taught Lydia how to read and write before attending Raegwinns Academy, but I already have the capability of understanding this language, so I don't need his help. And it's always better as long as he is away from me."

"Welcome young lady, Lydia." Anne prepared a set of tea cup for me. "Would you like to have milk tea today?"

"Sure!"

It's almost been a week since I have been here and everybody has been treating me good. I haven't bumped into Ethan except during meal times which is of course inevitable. I have been spending most of the time in library and reading different kinds of book.

"Lady Lydia, are in there?"

"Anne go check who is it."

"Yes, miss." Anne opened the door and a butler walked in my room.

"I have come to discuss the schedule with you young miss."

"Huh?"

"Yes miss, you have to learn the etiquettes of a noble lady as long as you stay here and your classes will begin next week."

I thought rejecting the title of duke's daughter would stop me from joining the etiquette classes. I don't want to attend those classes!

The butler studied the expression on my face and said, "It's compulsory to attend your class otherwise you are not allowed to join the academy."

"What?!"

"Yes miss, his excellency said so."

"The duke did?"

"Yes miss."

"What classes do I need to attend?"

"Embroidery, dancing, tea making, table manners..."

And the list went on...

"Okay, I will attend the classes." I sighed. I am good at dancing, but I amn't sure if this body would be able to handle it. It's not my original body to begin with. And speaking of embroidery, I suck at hand work. It won't take long for my fingers to turn numb because of bruises caused by the needle.

"My lady, what are you thinking?"

"Nothing Anne, it's just that I am very tired and you heard the butler say that I need to attend etiquette classes from next week."

"My lady, it will be fine. Lady Courtney is going to be your teacher and she is an excellent person!"

"But I am not good at embroidery."

"Don't worry Lady Courtney is a great teacher. You will get to know it once you meet her in person. You should rest my lady, you keep reading books and pondering over things...just go to bed for now. Don't visit the library tomorrow, you need to relax a bit."

"You are right, I need a break. Okay, prepare my bed."

"Yes, my lady."

When I woke up, it was already dawn. The rising sun casted a rosy hue across the morning sky. "Time to rise up and shine!" I said to myself.