Chapter 6

"Wake up, my lady!"

"Anne shut up..." I scowled.

"But..."

"No buts. I couldn't sleep all night and fell asleep only when it was practically dawn."

"I said miss, you should get your insomnia treated!"

"No need!" Right now my restlessness is not insomnia's fault. I have countless thoughts preoccupying my head. I don't know what Ethan's motives are...In the novel he used to bully Lydia at first, but he hasn't made any attempts of bullying me yet. But I need to keep being wary of him. I need to figure out that why did he take me out last time. Possibly he wants to show conspicuous sympathy to find my weak spots.

"Then get up, young miss!"

"Anne, you are noisy", I covered my ears with a pillow.

"Lady Courtney is waiting for you...you need to attend your classes!"

"Huh!!" I got up with a thrust. "You should have said that earlier!" I kicked my blankets and sprinted towards the washroom. "Veri, Prepare a dress for me!"

"Now, you are all energetic", Veri tittered.

"Nice to meet you, Miss Lydia. I am Courtney Simson from viscount Simson's family." The new home tutor, who looked over seventeen years old, curtsied to greet me politely. She was an ordinary girl without any particular unique features. In the novel she was the one who taught Lydia the manners of a noble lady. Though there was nothing much more mentioned about her in the book except for the fact that she is skilled in all aspects and she is in good terms with Rose Norman. Anne bragged about her skills too, but Courtney had never taught anyone else before as she rejected everyone else merely because no one met her standards when we talk about possessing great skills. It is said that she began being instructed to be a model of aristocratic ladies from the moment she started to walk because of the characteristics of the business of the count who frequently invited high-ranking foreign nobles to his mansion. The Grand Duke really holds an impregnable power to be able to recruit a viscount's talented daughter as teacher for a nobody like me.

For fucks sake, why did I land here before the events of the story even started to unfold. This shit is getting on my nerves. Who the fuck wants to attend manner classes! I gotta hide my annoyance for now...

"No, the pleasure is mine! It's an honour to be taught by lady Simson." I bowed my head and smiled like a child. Courtney smiled too, maybe at my child-like appearance and innocence.

"I hope you will like my company."

"Please, take good care of me."

"What would you like to learn the most?"

What should I learn? Should I insist on my dancing lessons? No, no...She would start questioning me from whom did I learn dancing in advance like Ethan did when he saw me using a gun. Embroidery is a better option as I already suck at it. I am fucked up!

"Em...embroidery would be good." I said

Although she proceeded to teach me needle work, I couldn't catch hold of a single technique she tried to demonstrate, but I pretended to be very innocent and elegant on the outside.

"Like this...Now, Miss Costanza you do it."

"Huh? I...I..."

"Maybe it is a bit difficult for you?"

You must be kidding me...this is the easiest one I have seen so far, but I have no confidence in myself. "I am not confident enough, teacher."

"It's easy. First tighten the screw of the hoop a bit and begin pulling the fabric taut. After the fabric is taut, keep tightening the screw until it feels secure to you. But not so tightly you can't budge it! You'll regret that once you've embroidered for a couple hours and your sore fingers can't open the hoop..."