Chapter 1

"Hey, miss are you alright?"

Who is calling me?

"Miss!"

"Miss you awake?!"

I got up with a jolt. Those rascals dare put me in the hospital. Wait...what is this lavish environment? I put my hand on my throat, it didn't hurt. Huh? Who are this people with typical maid outfit? Oh! I understand.

"Nice cosplay!" I remarked. I thought they would feel proud because of my comment, but what's with these confused faces.

"Sorry? I don't get it." One of them lowered their head and said.

"Huh?"

Which language I am speaking? When did I learn this shit. It sounds more like some ancient language. No matter how much time I was given extra classes to learn ancient languages during my assassination training, I sucked at it. Now, I am speaking some random language at ease. What the heck is happening??

"What's your name?" a maid asked.

"Pardon?" I questioned back.

"your name?"

I felt my head hurt as if I was being poked and hammered which was followed a high-pitched sound that pierced my eardrums. Suddenly I heard a faint voice in my head 'L..Lydia Costanza'

"Lydia Costanza" I blurted without a second thought.

"Alright, lady Lydia. We are at your service." The maids bowed down all together

WAit! I am not Lydia! AGH! What's all this nonsense...where am I? Looks like a palace sort of. Who set up this drama to play with me? 

All that I was feeling was...betrayed, alone, frustrated and tired.

'This bed is too extravagant and more than enough even for five adults.', I mused. 'Wow, they are filthy rich.'

Scanning the space in this room, I realised that it was ten times bigger than my old apartment. The room had a medieval design and was decorated with ornaments.  Then my eyes fell on the plushies, teddy bear, jiggling balloons and colourful cover sheets.

"What's with all these?!", I pointed.

"Miss, duke asked us to prepare them for you. His grace hopes that you will like them."

"The d-duke??"

"Yes miss."

What are they talking about? And why are my hands so tiny? 

I got down from the bed and looked at my reflection in the mirror. As soon as I stood up, I started feeling dizzy and also I needed to see it for myself what was happening around me cause it wasn't normal. 

This is crazy! I didn't die? 

The girl in the mirror had charming black hair that went down to her knees and pale skin. I too had black hair that was pretty, similar to my mom's black hair. The girl in the mirror looked exactly like me except for her lively green eyes and this girl who looked around 11, without a doubt wasn't me. It aroused my suspicions. 

"But this lolita looks cute, just like my younger self! How cute!", I mumbled.

"Miss Costanza? Are you alright?"

Wait a minute...Lydia Costanza? I said that name myself right?...Hmm, Lydia Costanza...This name rings a bell, isn't she the villain of the novel I was reading. Wasn't she an orphan until she was 11 years old and the duke's son found her in the street while she was getting bullied when she tried to escape stealing some bread from bakery shop. The duke's son took pity on her and his father was generous enough to take her in as his own daughter. She started living in the duke's mansion.