Epilogue

ONE YEAR LATER

It's been one year of amazing things happening in my life, Usman and I got married just a month after he proposed and we have been living our best live yet. I and Usman got our house just after we got married. It was pretty big too. I and Layla had to move out and so mother was left alone in the house. While I had even suggested for her to come along with us, she had insisted to stay home because that was where we had spent all our lives and there was so much memory she couldn't leave behind. But she always made it a duty to at least visit every weekend and sometimes she even spent the night with us. I missed her so much but it was still the same city anyways.

     Today made it eight years since father passed away and for the first time in the last eight years, I felt at peace with everything that had happened and I was glad, it felt like a heavy burden had been lifted off my shoulder. Ahmed was coming over to pick Layla up for the holidays.

   Usman had received a call from a client early this morning and he had to leave home early.

    "Mummy, daddy is here" Layla ran down the stairs in a  rush to me.

   "How did you know that"I asked curiously.

"Look outside" she said pointing in the direction as I looked out the window to see Ahmed walk towards the door. Layla probably saw him from her room upstairs. I went towards the door to let him in.

   "Hello" I said with a smile as I opened the door and even before  Ahmed could answer Layla had screamed as she immediately ran to Ahmed who hugged her immediately and I just smiled.

   "My baby girl" Ahmed said smiling

"Please come in" I said ushering Ahmed into the our living room.

   "I missed you so much my angel" Ahmed said sitting on the sofa as Layla sat close to him and I just watched both of them with a smile.

   "I missed you too daddy" Layla replied

    "So are you ready to go" he asked

"Yes daddy"Layla answered excitedly

    "Go up and bring your stuffs" I said and then she hurried to go get her box in her room.

   "Hey" I said after Layla had gone up to her room.

   "How have you been" he asked. He hadn't seen me since before my wedding with Usman. I had invited him but he had a work trip outside the country and hadn't been able to make it but had sent his wishes and promised to make it up to us.

   "I have been good" I said with a smile.

"That's nice"

    "What about you, how is work and every other thing" I asked

   "Everything is good" he answered

"How is omar"

    "His mother came to pick him for the holidays" he replied

     "So how are things between you and Sarah" I asked with a smile. Sarah was a girl he had talked to me about recently and I felt he likes her but was just trying to play safe and avoid commitment.

   "I don't know, I don't want to rush anything really. I explained this to her and she understands me" he explained.

   "It's fine but you need to understand that she won't wait forever"I advised

  "I know"

  "daddy, I am ready" Layla said as she came down with her stuffs.

   "Alright baby"

"Are you sure you don't want to wait and eat something" I asked

   "No, it's fine. I just had something to eat before going and I plan to visit my parent with Layla before we leave" he explained.

   "Okay, it's alright"

"We should leave now" Ahmed said as he picked up Layla's things and I and Layla followed behind.

  "Bye mummy" Layla said then I kissed her on the forehead before she left.

   "Please don't give her too much ice cream and chocolate" I said as Ahmed and Layla entered into the car.

   "I will try" Ahmed said then exchanged glances with Layla  whispering a "I am lying" to Layla and they both Laughed.

   "I heard that you two" I said smiling then they laughed.

   "Bye" I said before he drove away.

Few minutes after Ahmed left with Layla, Usman came back from the clients place. After I got married to Usman, I had decided that I wanted to try something else, I wanted to start my business so I had stopped working for Usman. Fashion had always been something I loved so much, to design and make clothes so I had recently started my brand. It's just a little space now with some customers but it was going smoothly and I was proud of my self that I decided to start.

    "Hey, I thought you had work" I said as Usman entered into the house.

  "Yeah I know but I had something for you so I had to rush back"

  "And what's that" I asked curiously then he brought out a small box and gave it to me.

   "What's in it" I asked curiously

"You will have to open it to find out" he said smiling. I opened it then I saw a car key in it and a fight ticket to the Maldives.

   "Wow, this is amazing" I said excitedly as I hugged him tightly.

   "I don't even know what to say" I said as I released my hands from him as I looked into his eyes

   "Then don't say anything" he said, as he kissed me on the lips with his hands wrapped around my waist.

   "You deserve the world and so much more. I might not be able to give you the world but I promise I will try my best" he said  and I just smiled

  "I really don't know what I did to deserve such wonderful, amazing, sweet husband but I will be forever grateful for you" I said smiling

    "I love you so much" I said

"I love you more" he replied

    "I figured since we didn't get to go for a honeymoon, this trip should make up for it" he smiled and I kissed him again.

   "It will" I said smiling

"Now let's go out to see your brand new car" he said

   "I am so excited" I screamed happily as we both walked our together.

     I guess even if you're broken, you can still have an happy ending. Your life doesn't even need to be perfect but falling in Love with the right person makes it seem so and when you have people who love and support you no matter what around you. It's even better. I guess I can live my fairytale life and it doesn't even have to be a movie and I don't have to have a glass slippers. I learnt that I just have to make my own fairytale story and it doesn't even have to be perfect cause perfection is overrated.

        Tell me what you liked most about this book. Your best character, your favourite moment/chapter and is there something you wished happened but didn't.

                              THE END

I am glad I got to write this book and finally complete it after some years. I remember leaving this book for a long time. I am grateful to everyone who didn't stop reading this book and continued till the very end. You all are amazing!!! I love you all so much!!! Thanks for reading!!!